Allnurses.com found and family dead in murder/suicide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rph3664

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Details are changing by the minute, but the one thing that is definite is that Brian Short, the founder of http://www.allnurses.com, his wife, and their 3 children are all dead. :( Although IANAN (duh), I used to post there sometimes, as did a number of other HCPs of all stripes. Even non-HCPs were welcome as long as they were respectful.

They lived in the Twin Cities area.

ETA: Founder, not found.

Members don't see this ad.

What a despicable act. He should've killed himself and not his family if he's indeed the murderer. He deserves no mention other than he was a murderous coward.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What a despicable act. He should've killed himself and not his family if he's indeed the murderer. He deserves no mention other than he was a murderous coward.

I used to say that too, until I Googled a physician who did rotations on the Indian reservation the same time I did. Finding out he was deceased was bad enough; discovering that he killed himself in front of his two small children and estranged wife, and the neighbors too, in his front yard left me absolutely horrified. I would never have expected him to do something like this. :(

Reactions: 1 users
We're discussing this on a true crime board I post on, and someone who said they lived in the area said that a lot of people initially thought the teenage son did it; apparently, he has (unspecified) "issues".

With a "father" like that, gee, I wonder why.

We're discussing this on a true crime board I post on, and someone who said they lived in the area said that a lot of people initially thought the teenage son did it; apparently, he has (unspecified) "issues".

With a "father" like that, gee, I wonder why.

For real? Come on.

Read the article. What a rotten piece of ****. I hope that cowardly mother ****er rots in hell.

Reactions: 2 users