'Until a pharmacist is found lying in a pool of blood, no-one will take this abuse seriously'

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Splenda88

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

That is true for many healthcare professions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve had someone try to force their way into my hospital pharmacy when I was the only one there with no security. Fun times!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

That is true for many healthcare professions.
Yep you just saw that orthopedic surgeon who was killed by the patient.

Members don't see this ad :)
And no one cares about the abuse. People are whack and are crazy with all customer service people. Look at all the fights on flights too!

Reactions: 3 users
This guy is a little melodramatic. "pool of blood"? There are psycho customers, everywhere. And at all times. I remember back in the eighties, when I was working as a retail tech in metro Atlanta, some crazy pharmacy robberies. A store was held up by a man in full camo with a high power crossbow. Another one in midtown Atlanta, by a guy with a syringe full of blood saying it had AIDS. Not much has changed. Just more access to information.

This guy is a little melodramatic. "pool of blood"? There are psycho customers, everywhere. And at all times. I remember back in the eighties, when I was working as a retail tech in metro Atlanta, some crazy pharmacy robberies. A store was held up by a man in full camo with a high power crossbow. Another one in midtown Atlanta, by a guy with a syringe full of blood saying it had AIDS. Not much has changed. Just more access to information.
Actually things got a lot better during the 90s and 00s. If we are backsliding to the days of the crack-fueled 80s, we're in trouble.

I beg to disagree; people won’t care even if they find a pharmacist lying in a pool of blood.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Verbal abuse/threats pretty regularly (easy to hide behind a cell phone). In person threats…too coward/intimidated by myself and one of my interns who often end up dealing with (both of us pretty physically intimidating from lifting bro)

Only time I got close to a physical altercation was actually with a drunk off duty cop who was having a **** fit about me telling him to wear a mask (early pandemic times and he took things politically). I purposely entered his bubble when he threatened me to make a point after which we both just let things go (smelled, realized he was likely drunk)

I beg to disagree; people won’t care even if they find a pharmacist lying in a pool of blood.
This. They’ll still be like “where’s my meds?” In the snarkiest possible tone.
Yep one of my patients had a medical emergency the other night while my staff pharmacist was working alone. While he was very obviously helping the patient and handing off to EMS he had a line of people complaining about the wait times.

Verbal abuse/threats pretty regularly (easy to hide behind a cell phone). In person threats…too coward/intimidated by myself and one of my interns who often end up dealing with (both of us pretty physically intimidating from lifting bro)

Only time I got close to a physical altercation was actually with a drunk off duty cop who was having a **** fit about me telling him to wear a mask (early pandemic times and he took things politically). I purposely entered his bubble when he threatened me to make a point after which we both just let things go (smelled, realized he was likely drunk)

Man, I've lifted for years and can't get any heavier than 175 pounds (at 6'1"). I can squat 315 lbs but I don't look like it. Doesn't help me with intimidation.

Just remember to not get complained on, get a good survey, and push an Imz while lying in a pool of blood.

Reactions: 1 user