alopecia areata in beard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clubdeac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this forum is not for medical advice however all my derm classmates from school have moved and lost touch. I inject kenalog, depo, dex etc. every day into joints, the spine and nerves. If my memory serves me right, a subdermal or intradermal injection of steroid is a possible treatment for alopecia. I have recently developed this in my beard and was thinking of drawing up some dexa and injecting it myself. Can anyone give me an appropriate dose. 5mg? 10mg? Was thinking of dex instead of depo or kenalog to minimize fat atrophy and hypopigmentation.

Members don't see this ad.

I know this forum is not for medical advice however all my derm classmates from school have moved and lost touch. I inject kenalog, depo, dex etc. every day into joints, the spine and nerves. If my memory serves me right, a subdermal or intradermal injection of steroid is a possible treatment for alopecia. I have recently developed this in my beard and was thinking of drawing up some dexa and injecting it myself. Can anyone give me an appropriate dose. 5mg? 10mg? Was thinking of dex instead of depo or kenalog to minimize fat atrophy and hypopigmentation.
You know this forum is not for medical advice and you're asking anyway?

Locked.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.