Already accepted: Auditing a Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dirk__Diggler

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN,

As the title says, I have already been accepted, and put down my deposit for a few medical schools. I have already graduated and completed my degree. I am currently enrolled part-time in one course (3 credits), which I enrolled in just to help me stay sharp for medical school next fall. Its not a required course for my degree, or the medical schools I am accepted at.

Today I got a full-time job offer, and If I take it (which I really need to for the $$$), I would not be able to take the class any longer. I would have to audit the class and change my status to "Listener". If I did this, would the medical schools that I am accepted at rescind my acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

lol, no.

Do the schools even know you're taking it? If so just call and ask.

i think for most schools as long as you satisfy the stated requirements (prereq classes and proven attainment of bachelors on transcript) and can prove the classes you claim you already took then you are fine (taken classes before app submission but want to drop out of a non required program). most of the other stuff are pretty extraneous. it's always best to contact the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it's not required, you don't need it. You've already been accepted after all. Take the job, trust me, you'll need the money to pay for things in medical school. Good luck.

I can't see anyone rescinding an acceptance over this. "This guy told us he was taking this class for credit, and now he decided to work instead?! He would make a horrible doctor, get him out of here"