Am i doing this right??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookiehahax3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone! :)

I have a lot of questions to ask..

1. I just transferred from a private school to a CUNY school, and I'll be gone for a semester for a study abroad. So im going to end up taking an extra semester to graduate... will this look bad on my dental school applications?

2. I have an experience as a part time general dental assistant for 3 years. I am planning on volunteering at a big dental clinic nearby my next summer and fall. I joined a coed multicultural greek letter society, and am a founder of the group in my new school. I am planning to join a medical volunteer abroad club in my new school once I come back from study abroad. Is this enough of extracurricular activity and experience? or should i do some more things like research??

3. My overall GPA is 3.2 right now... I didnt do too well on bio 2 chem 1 and physics 1 (all c +) I was planning on retaking them, but someone told me that theres no point and it doesnt look good if i retake those classes again anyway especially because I did well on all the other bio classes like microbio embryo etc. Should i retake them or just let it be?

thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

1. use your head.
2. Do you feel that those are enough ECs? If so, don't do anymore. Research is a good idea.
3. Do well on upcoming classes.

hi everyone! :)

I have a lot of questions to ask..

1. I just transferred from a private school to a CUNY school, and I'll be gone for a semester for a study abroad. So im going to end up taking an extra semester to graduate... will this look bad on my dental school applications?

2. I have an experience as a part time general dental assistant for 3 years. I am planning on volunteering at a big dental clinic nearby my next summer and fall. I joined a coed multicultural greek letter society, and am a founder of the group in my new school. I am planning to join a medical volunteer abroad club in my new school once I come back from study abroad. Is this enough of extracurricular activity and experience? or should i do some more things like research??

3. My overall GPA is 3.2 right now... I didnt do too well on bio 2 chem 1 and physics 1 (all c +) I was planning on retaking them, but someone told me that theres no point and it doesnt look good if i retake those classes again anyway especially because I did well on all the other bio classes like microbio embryo etc. Should i retake them or just let it be?

thank you! :)

1. No.
2. Sounds good, if you have time you can do research.
3. You can probably don't have to retake if you did well in other classes, you can also well on the DAT in those sections to make up some ground.