Am I Too Picky? WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

T_Doctor

Reaction score
Date of submission: 6/1/2023
Overall GPA:
Science GPA: 3.89
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.8
DAT score (include AA and all sections):

21 AA

22 TS

23 PAT

26 Gen Chem

19 OChem

24 Bio

20 Reading Comp

18 Quantitative Reasoning

State of Residence: Nevada
Major: Biomedical Science
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No
Shadowing Experience: 157 Hours from all specialties and general

Volunteering Experience: Around 300 Hours. A lot comes from an Autism Mentorship Program I have at my undergrad. Volunteer Tutoring, charitable thrift stores, food pantries and homeless shelters.

Employment: most valuable: Worked part time at a Disability Developmental Agency. I worked with all types of individuals with mental disabilities.

Research: None

Other Extracurriculars: Member of my school’s pre-dental society. The treasurer for a semester. Served a mission for my church for 2 years after high school with lots of leadership experience. Played on a volleyball team on campus.

Relevant Honors or Awards: For the life of me, I cannot think of any. Is this category essential? Will it be looked down upon if I do not put anything?

LOR type and strength:
-
I have received one B in undergrad and that was in OChem II. My teacher for that class wrote my LOR (Strong I think haha). I took her for Ochem I and got to know her well.
- Another LOR I have is from a former dental board president (2020). I have gotten to know him through family. He is a practicing dentist now as well so that will be my one dental practitioner LOR.
- GenChem teacher writing one for me (strong).
- Spiritual Leader of mine (very strong)

Misc Info: Graduating with my bachelors this summer. WIFE IS FROM MISSOURI! Still will not get in-state tuition though or consideration /:

School list:
  • University of Nevada Las Vegas
  • LECOM
  • Marquette
  • Midwestern AZ
  • A.T. Still Missouri
  • University of Missouri Kansas City
  • Creighton
  • University of Colorado
  • Roseman

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: 6/1/2023
Overall GPA:
Science GPA: 3.89
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.8
DAT score (include AA and all sections):

21 AA

22 TS

23 PAT

26 Gen Chem

19 OChem

24 Bio

20 Reading Comp

18 Quantitative Reasoning

State of Residence: Nevada
Major: Biomedical Science
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No
Shadowing Experience: 157 Hours from all specialties and general

Volunteering Experience: Around 300 Hours. A lot comes from an Autism Mentorship Program I have at my undergrad. Volunteer Tutoring, charitable thrift stores, food pantries and homeless shelters.

Employment: most valuable: Worked part time at a Disability Developmental Agency. I worked with all types of individuals with mental disabilities.

Research: None

Other Extracurriculars: Member of my school’s pre-dental society. The treasurer for a semester. Served a mission for my church for 2 years after high school with lots of leadership experience. Played on a volleyball team on campus.

Relevant Honors or Awards: For the life of me, I cannot think of any. Is this category essential? Will it be looked down upon if I do not put anything?

LOR type and strength:
-
I have received one B in undergrad and that was in OChem II. My teacher for that class wrote my LOR (Strong I think haha). I took her for Ochem I and got to know her well.
- Another LOR I have is from a former dental board president (2020). I have gotten to know him through family. He is a practicing dentist now as well so that will be my one dental practitioner LOR.
- GenChem teacher writing one for me (strong).
- Spiritual Leader of mine (very strong)

Misc Info: Graduating with my bachelors this summer. WIFE IS FROM MISSOURI! Still will not get in-state tuition though or consideration /:

School list:
  • University of Nevada Las Vegas
  • LECOM
  • Marquette
  • Midwestern AZ
  • A.T. Still Missouri
  • University of Missouri Kansas City
  • Creighton
  • University of Colorado
  • Roseman
have you shadowed/volunteered/attended events at unlv d school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Helps making connections and getting your name
In admissions hands before applying so they can see continued interest. Not end all be all, just helps your chances
this^

Reactions: 1 users
you need to do everything you can short of kissing ass or being a pest to get into UNLV

as for your list, you have way too many expensive private schools for someone with your stats...

Reactions: 2 users
you need to do everything you can short of kissing ass or being a pest to get into UNLV

as for your list, you have way too many expensive private schools for someone with your stats...
You think? I have seen stats that UNLV has only been getting maybe 75 instate applicants. Then UNLV admits like over-near half of them... I feel like I would be in top 50% at least of the instate guys.

That is really good to know I have stats to get in else where that may be cheaper. The out of state cost for some schools look like they come quite close to a private schools cost. Am I wrong? If so, I would LOVE some suggestions on where I should send my app

Spiritual leader LOR? Are you considering Loma Linda?
I haven't considered any California school since I know the cost of living there is outrageous. On top of that the schools are expensive. If you have insight on that like "no, its actually worth it" then please let me know! I love the weather there and how close it is to Nevada but it is just the cost for me.

That is really good to know I have stats to get in else where that may be cheaper. The out of state cost for some schools look like they come quite close to a private schools cost. Am I wrong? If so, I would LOVE some suggestions on where I should send my app
you need to do more research...