AMA calls for Immediate end to MOC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Means nothing. Just BS

"Consumers, patients, hospitals and other users of the Board Certification credential expect board certified physicians to be up-to-date with the knowledge, judgment and skills of their specialty—both at the point of initial certification and along the physician’s career path – and to verify it through an external assessment. The privilege to self-regulate which physicians enjoy demands that we meet that expectation with more than just continuing medical education."

Question for the ABMS.....why exempt grandfathered certification holders if they try to use the "consumers expect physicians be up to date".

Reactions: 1 user
Means nothing. Just BS

"Consumers, patients, hospitals and other users of the Board Certification credential expect board certified physicians to be up-to-date with the knowledge, judgment and skills of their specialty—both at the point of initial certification and along the physician’s career path – and to verify it through an external assessment. The privilege to self-regulate which physicians enjoy demands that we meet that expectation with more than just continuing medical education."

Question for the ABMS.....why exempt grandfathered certification holders if they try to use the "consumers expect physicians be up to date".
This is why you must support "Right the Care" or "Right to Treat" legislation in your state.

The onus (?) should be on the boards to prove that what they require actually improves patient care.

This is fantastic, although the total silence from the AMA promoting the passage of this resolution is deeply concerning.

If there is an organization more useless than the ASA that would be the AMA!
I don't really know how to take this comment.
I agree on some part but I also know some current members of the Board of Directors with the ASA that are listening to us out there who are fed up. I'm am actually in direct contact with a handful. Most of them are starting to pay attention but some are so convinced they know better that they won't change. The way to change this is to get more involved in your state society and learn who is actually working on your side. Then when votes come up for ASA BOD members then actually vote.