AMCAS advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skylinewrx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My pre-med advisor told me to just get the AMCAS app in asap and to send in my orgo2 grade directly to schools (finished in late july). However, for schools that only send secondaries to "qualified" applicants is this a good idea? Will they reject me outright for not having done all the requirements? I am esp worried about BU because they do not have a secondary and will probably view the AMCAS as all their info.

Thanks for any help! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Your advisor gave you good advice. Schools only require that you have the required classes complete before matriculation. They will see that you are taking the class now and that'll be enough.

skylinewrx said:
My pre-med advisor told me to just get the AMCAS app in asap and to send in my orgo2 grade directly to schools (finished in late july). However, for schools that only send secondaries to "qualified" applicants is this a good idea? Will they reject me outright for not having done all the requirements? I am esp worried about BU because they do not have a secondary and will probably view the AMCAS as all their info.

Thanks for any help! :confused:

It won't be a problem as long as you list it as in progress/future on AAMCAS. Most schools don't care if you are missing one or two classes as long as you complete them before you matriculate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok thanks for the info, I guess I can just send in the app once I finish my ps!