AMCAS GPA/2 degrees?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trephinator

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't find an answer elsewhere. I started college in 2013 and left a year ago (fall 2015) after doing very poorly due to external circumstances (GPA <2.5). Didn't finish a degree or any medical school prereqs. I have a scholarship now that will pay for me to get a bachelor's degree and would like to go back to school in fall 2017. Would my previous classes/unfinished degree be included in AMCAS when I eventually apply to medical school? Thanks for any advice!
PS, for those who might ask, the things affecting my performance in school have been resolved and I will continue to focus on this stability over the next year, and I've been doing research and working as a CNA while I get ready to go back to school (which was always my intention) to show that I never lost interest in medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately yes, both enrollments will have to be included. Personally I'd have recommended you leave out the first one, but sadly the National Student Clearinghouse/Big Brother system is less forgiving.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the response! But dang, my AMCAS GPA is going to be horrible... :oops: