AMCAS Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

falkwell

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a basic question. I did call AMCAS, but want to ask here too. I have five recs uploaded, but not the 6th that I need for some schools. I am late submitting because I just received my MCAT score. May I go ahead and submit my application without the missing rec? It has been sent to the Professor, but she has not uploaded it yet. When it uploads AFTER my submission, will it be added to my file? Or, should I wait to submit my application until the missing rec is submitted?

Also, it is easy to submit for some schools today, then add more tomorrow or whenever? Just click on the schools link after submission?

Members don't see this ad.

You can submit now and upload the letter while they are verifying your application or even after. You can always add letters entries after submitting, but you cannot delete them.

And yes, it is extremely easy to add schools after submitting your application.

For my missing Rec X, do I assign it to the schools as I submit even though it's missing, or do I add it after submission once it's uploaded? Basically, does AMCAS send it in for me late or do I need to tell AMCAS to send it once it comes in? I don't want to have an empty rec sent to a school?

And thank you for your help. I'm paranoid at this point and finally ready to submit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im assuming that AMCAS will send it once it is uploaded if you have already assigned it to a school, but I did not have to go through that bc all of my letters were uploaded before I assigned them. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

Also, you do not have to assign letters before you submit. You can always go back after you have submitted and assign letters to schools at any time you want.

Im assuming that AMCAS will send it once it is uploaded if you have already assigned it to a school, but I did not have to go through that bc all of my letters were uploaded before I assigned them. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

Also, you do not have to assign letters before you submit. You can always go back after you have submitted and assign letters to schools at any time you want.

I think I will do that. Thank you very much.