AMCAS - Military Service Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ltm4kc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should post this under this thread or a different one, but I figured that this would be the most knowledgeable group on my question. On AMCAS biographical information it asks for military service, and then if you click yes it asks what your anticipated military status will be upon enrollment into medical school.

And here is where I go into typical clueless [AROTC] cadet mode. I'm not sure if I click yes, then select other and type in "educational delay - AROTC" or something similar, if I simply select "no", or if I select Active Duty since that's what I would go into as once I graduate.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

What are you choices?

Also, since it asks what status you'll be in upon matriculation...just answer that to the best of your knowledge?

I think I put down something along the lines of "Reserves" since I was anticipating taking HPSP at the time.

What are you choices?

Also, since it asks what status you'll be in upon matriculation...just answer that to the best of your knowledge?

I think I put down something along the lines of "Reserves" since I was anticipating taking HPSP at the time.
Screen_Shot_2016_05_23_at_3_34_03_PM.png

This is what AMCAS has as the options. I currently have "Other" and under please specify I have: "Educational Delay - AROTC"