an aimless pointless thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quant

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

what are you looking for?

told you it was aimless and pointless.......

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
that post sucked ass too.

:laugh: :laugh:

i know this one sucks ass too..........

quant said:
:laugh: :laugh:

i know this one sucks ass too..........
no. that post sucks donkey balls.

nice try. your skillz of intuition suck ass.

please close this thread. having this thread continue would suck ass. :laugh:

regards,
AndyM

AndyMilonakis said:
please close this thread. having this thread continue would suck ass. :laugh:

regards,
AndyM

aimless,pointless and sucking ass is good.......as is continuing this thread.......

:p

AndyMilonakis said:
your skillz of intuition suck ass.

got you andy........i got you cold.......and you resent that ...............

and yes , i know this post sucks donkeyballsass

hey quant, shouldn't you be working on your personal statement or something?

you know, i know, the man knows that if you don't start working on a carefully crafted personal statement now, your ERAS application will not only suck ass, it will suck major ass.

;)

AndyMilonakis said:

you know, i know, the man knows that if you don't start working on a carefully crafted personal statement now, your ERAS application will not only suck ass, it will suck major ass.

;)

you kidding?

i know its pointless........pointless to craft a personal statement so early............

OMFG, this reply DOES suck donkeyballzazz

Members don't see this ad :)
i think we should close this thread.........before we castrate a donkey by incessant sucking........urgh that was ugly!

Is this what SDN path has come down to since I've been gone??? Threads sucking major donkey ass? :laugh:

Harbster said:
Is this what SDN path has come down to since I've been gone??? Threads sucking major donkey ass? :laugh:
Fool! you back in town yet?

AndyMilonakis said:

;)
You know what's really sad? Well, a couple of things, actually:

1. It's Saturday night, and I'm in my room on SDN (not that SDN is bad, of course. Not hardly. But I should be living it up, since I am on my Psych rotation, after all!).

2. I actually composed the first draft of my personal statement today :rolleyes: I'm a dork.

Let me tell you--it wasn't easy coming up with reasons why I want to be a Pathologist. I thought it would be simple, but it took some time. In reading some of my fellow 4th years' statements, I just couldn't believe the amount of crapola they were writing. I say this now, when my personal statement is probably dry, boring, and will induce R.E.M. :sleep:

Just my thoughts for this evening. I think I better get some more wine. Cheers!

Brian Pavlovitz said:
You know what's really sad? Well, a couple of things, actually:

1. It's Saturday night, and I'm in my room on SDN (not that SDN is bad, of course. Not hardly. But I should be living it up, since I am on my Psych rotation, after all!).
Yeah that's pretty sad. Just kidding. I think my day pathetic too.I put in a 10 hour work day at lab today which of course included a 6 hour incubation. Sat on my ass. Did nothing. I am patting myself on the back for not spending much time on SDN throughout the day. Anyways, now I'm sitting on my couch at home watching TV, replying to your sad ass post :laugh:
Brian said:
2. I actually composed the first draft of my personal statement today :rolleyes: I'm a dork.

Let me tell you--it wasn't easy coming up with reasons why I want to be a Pathologist. I thought it would be simple, but it took some time.
I went on and on about the nice lifestyle of pathology. And I matched. Hooray for me. The hard part was yammering on and on for a whole page about how I loved the lifestyle aspects of pathology.
Brian said:
In reading some of my fellow 4th years' statements, I just couldn't believe the amount of crapola they were writing. I say this now, when my personal statement is probably dry, boring, and will induce R.E.M. :sleep:

Just my thoughts for this evening. I think I better get some more wine. Cheers!
Out of wine. But I got a bottle of sake and some Sam Adams in the fridge. Hmm...sake or Sam Adams. Choices choices choices.

Seriously though, about my personal statement, mine was dry and pretty typical. Pretty much sucked...only spent two days on it (after day one, I had one of the Deans at school read it...he told me it sucked and why...so on day two, I made a few little adjustments here and there). PD's have probably read essays like mine hundreds of times each application season.

Hey Brian!!!!

Sorry to hear about your psych rotation!!! Come on, you are not a dork just because you write out your personal statement...it just shows you are bored out of your wits on a ****ty rotation like psych (What s a schizophreniform disorder anyway?.....the guys who do psych have it!... :laugh: )
and just reinforces your choice of wanting to do path.....

Wine is good.....a nice deep red wine is better.....of course i dont drink anything except rum and i think ill hit the bottle soon...

Have fun with your personal statement....and psych!....

AndyMilonakis said:
Seriously though, about my personal statement, mine was dry and pretty typical.

Master Andy!

so what do you think comprises of a really kickass statement?

Well i m sure a lot would really appreciate your opinion on the same....

quant said:
Master Andy!

so what do you think comprises of a really kickass statement?

Well i m sure a lot would really appreciate your opinion on the same....
you have to talk about your skillz.

surg path skillz.
cytopath skillz.
blood banking skillz.

Program directors only highly rank applicants with skillz!

AndyMilonakis said:
But I got a bottle of sake and some Sam Adams in the fridge. Hmm...sake or Sam Adams. Choices choices choices.

You really have to ask this question? Always go with beer.

My personal statement I thought was pretty generic and safe although I did get quite a few comments on it in interviews (mostly on how I described the field of pathology and why it interested me).

yaah said:
You really have to ask this question? Always go with beer.

My personal statement I thought was pretty generic and safe although I did get quite a few comments on it in interviews (mostly on how I described the field of pathology and why it interested me).
You anti-sake bigot! You got something against Japanese people? :laugh:

I did go with the beer indeed :)

all this bigotry and hatred makes me want to go get another beer.

yaah said:
That's it. Walk away. Don't stand and discuss it, tough guy. :laugh: :p

grrrr grr grr grrrrrrrrrrr grrr grr grr you suck grr grrrrrrrrr :laugh:

All this talk about Brian P's personal statement made me nervous. I do not even know when to start on it but am not planning on doing so anytime soon. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, then came all the talk about wine. Wine sounds great right now. Perhaps that will help me relax. :laugh:

beary said:
All this talk about Brian P's personal statement made me nervous. I do not even know when to start on it but am not planning on doing so anytime soon. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, then came all the talk about wine. Wine sounds great right now. Perhaps that will help me relax. :laugh:
I was just joking around. Seriously though, start working on it this summer...it's too early to start it now. I whipped mine together when I was on my subI's...wrote the first draft while I was on call, sitting on my ass in the call room, and praying to Virchow that my pager wouldn't go off.

Are you a red or white wine drinker?

bananaface said:
I'm a red bull and vodka drinker. And a rum and caffeine free diet pepsi drinker.
Red bull and vodka...I'll only drink this when I'm out at the bar and I need a pick-me-up. Rum and diet pepsi...yuck.
Screw wine.
Blasphemy.

AndyMilonakis said:
Are you a red or white wine drinker?

I usually prefer red, but also like white. White is all I have right now, so that will be fine. :)

Champagne is really my favorite, but for some reason people only drink it during celebrations. Well, except for me, sometimes I sit here by myself on SDN drinking champagne. :laugh:

beary said:
I usually prefer red, but also like white. White is all I have right now, so that will be fine. :)

Champagne is really my favorite, but for some reason people only drink it during celebrations. Well, except for me, sometimes I sit here by myself on SDN drinking champagne. :laugh:
Wow! I hope your MSTP stipend can support your champagne habit. ;)

I was never a big champagne drinker until I had some really good stuff a while back. Unlike wine, when it comes down to champagne it seems that you really do get what you pay for.

AndyMilonakis said:
Wow! I hope your MSTP stipend can support your champagne habit. ;)

I was never a big champagne drinker until I had some really good stuff a while back. Unlike wine, when it comes down to champagne it seems that you really do get what you pay for.

I think I have only had cheap champagne. Sounds like I don't know what I'm missing. :) I only drink cheap wine too. I have had much more expensive wines that I don't like as much as I do my cheap stuff.

beary said:
I think I have only had cheap champagne. Sounds like I don't know what I'm missing. :) I only drink cheap wine too. I have had much more expensive wines that I don't like as much as I do my cheap stuff.
Well there are two ways to look at this:

(1) Ignorance is bliss.
(2) Once you cross over into the realm of expensive champagne, you can never go back to the cheap stuff. It's kinda like dialup vs. high-speed internet. Sure when you've never experienced high-speed, you can tolerate dialup (like my parents who still have not made the switch). But once you've had a eentsy-weentsy taste of high-speed, it's game over. Dialup goes out the window.

Wine is tough for me...I can't always distinguish between the expensive stuff and the cheap stuff. Occasionally I'll buy a bottle that goes over $50. And these wines just taste different but not always better. So usually for me the stuff that falls in the $10-20 range suffices. Can't go wrong with the good ol' Kendall-Jackson and Robert Mondavi.

AndyMilonakis said:
Well there are two ways to look at this:

(1) Ignorance is bliss.
(2) Once you cross over into the realm of expensive champagne, you can never go back to the cheap stuff.

Can't go wrong with the good ol' Kendall-Jackson and Robert Mondavi.

I think I will just stay ignorant of expensive champagne for now. I totally agree on the wine - Kendall-Jackson is my favorite!

beary said:
I think I will just stay ignorant of expensive champagne for now. I totally agree on the wine - Kendall-Jackson is my favorite!
Rock on girl!

Drink expensive champagne for the first time on Match Day 2006 :) . Seriously, Match Day 2005 was the first time I had the really good stuff. I recommend the Bollinger and Veuve Cliquot -- but that's because these are the only expensive champagnes I've tasted...and this was on Match Day.

Brian Pavlovitz said:
But I should be living it up, since I am on my Psych rotation, after all!).
Yes. Please do not take call. In the words of one of the psychiatrists I worked with, "Go home. You'll be doing call for the rest of your life anyway."

Brian Pavlovitz said:
I did have my first draft around this time of the year too. Partly because I wanted to have some version of my personal statement ready for my letter-writers, for them to critique if they were willing.

beary said:

No need to be nervous!! I just began to think about it, and then thought "what the hell am I going to write?" :scared: I hate waiting until the last minute to do things, anyway. If I could start ERAS now, I probably would :oops:

Wine always helps. I've never been a beer drinker, but sometimes it just works better (like when I crave chips, salsa, or anything else really salty. Beer just seems to quench the thirst very well). I love all types of wine, just depends on my mood. I try not to spend more than $15 on a bottle, partly because I'm poh, and partly because I'm really the only one here who drinks it. More for me :love:

My partner has discovered flavored sake--Andy, some of those flavors are really refreshing! I had a watermelon flavored sake (not as strong or as sweet as it sounds) on vacation a few summers ago, and boy was it yummy with some sushi!!

beary said:
:

me neither beary..........you have company here.....!!!!!!!!!

:)

bananaface said:
And a rum and caffeine free diet pepsi drinker.

Screw wine.

yeaaaa......rum +caffeinated pepsi.......dark ugly smelling rum.....preferably jamaican!.....

Im with you on this banana......

quant said:
yeaaaa......rum +caffeinated pepsi.......dark ugly smelling rum.....preferably jamaican!.....

Im with you on this banana......
I'm ok with rum and coke but rum and diet coke is yuk. And I prefer dark rum over the light stuff.

I can't stand most regular sodas. I grew up with a diabetic father who would throw temper tantrums if there was regular but not the corresponding diet soda in the fridge. So, I just started drinking diet and told my mom to forget the regular stuff. I can drink caffeine free diet pepsi flat and warm. It really doesn't bother me. But put sugar in cola and it just makes me want to gag. I like sugared root beer and Sierra Mist. Everything else I either don't like at all or prefer without sugar.

I can't either. But when it comes down to mixing soda with alcohol, which I rarely do anymore since I'll drink liquor either straight or on the rocks, I can only tolerate the stuff with real sugar.