an aimless pointless thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My folks are arriving tomorrow noon. :clap:
jumping-smiley-013.gif

I am disinclined to clean an already clean room.

Just thought I'd share.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
Have them buy you lots of stuff!
Nice idea - although since I flee the country in less than 2 weeks, most new acquisitions are distinct liabilities ;)

The one thing I want is flowers for grad and man have I been dropping hints. Responses have ranged from "but they come with a VASE!" to "Instead of flowers, why don't I buy you breakfast-lunch-and-dinner for a week?"

deschutes said:
Nice idea - although since I flee the country in less than 2 weeks, most new acquisitions are distinct liabilities ;)

The one thing I want is flowers for grad and man have I been dropping hints. Responses have ranged from "but they come with a VASE!" to "Instead of flowers, why don't I buy you breakfast-lunch-and-dinner for a week?"

Hey deschutes.....pm your address, ill send flowers for your graduation..... :)

AndyMilonakis said:
have them buy you a condo.
Now you have me thinking!

I shall channel the airspace between LAX and YYC tomorrow morning.

quant that is very sweet of you :D But I didn't post here to get people to send me flowers! Keep the money - you're an impoverished medical student, you need it ;)

deschutes said:
Now you have me thinking!

I shall channel the airspace between LAX and YYC tomorrow morning.

quant that is very sweet of you :D But I didn't post here to get people to send me flowers! Keep the money - you're an impoverished medical student, you need it ;)
he's not a med student...he's an old fart who used to be in med school a long long time ago :laugh:

hey quant...you want eggroll?

deschutes said:

Well im not an impoverished medical student...im behind those days of mine,currently im a reasonably well off, yet impoverished graduate student.....

Maybe ill send you some virtual e-flowers on your graduation.....when IS your graduation by the way?

AndyMilonakis said:
he's not a med student...he's an old fart who used to be in med school a long long time ago :laugh:

hey quant...you want eggroll?

hey andy, true i was in med school a long time ago, but we r just apart by year.....ha!

Youz hittin theerty yoself mon!

No eggroll, i had a lot of fiery curry today, and im about to takeoff..... :laugh: :laugh:

I have a night of fun times ahead.

1) Go to mall and attempt to find shoes that do not kill my feet.
PS I HATE Danskos. I cannot believe all the medical people who say they are the best thing since sliced bread. I am in severe pain after wearing them for about ten minutes.
2) Go to friend's house.
3) Watch Kentucky Derby.
4) Watch night race at Darlington.
5) Grill out.
6) Drink beer.
7) Forget that I am starting peds on Monday and I only have 2 weeks of clinical rotations down and 44 to go.

Sounds awesome. :cool:

Hope you all have a great night too! See ya!

Members don't see this ad :)
beary said:

PS I HATE Danskos. I cannot believe all the medical people who say they are the best thing since sliced bread. I am in severe pain after wearing them for about ten minutes.
2) Go to friend's house.
3) Watch Kentucky Derby.
5) Grill out.
6) Drink beer.
7) Forget that I am starting peds on Monday and I only have 2 weeks of clinical rotations down and 44 to go.

ahhhhhhhh
The day of my dreams!!!!!!!!!........
Have a beary beary fun filled saturday night...... beary! :laugh:

quant said:
hey andy, true i was in med school a long time ago, but we r just apart by year.....ha!

Youz hittin theerty yoself mon!
Nope...I hit 29 this year :D

AndyMilonakis said:
Nope...I hit 29 this year :D

I know.....thats the point.....

and you hit....THIRTY, a year after that... :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

wanna bet on how fast a year can rip by?.......muhahahahaha

deschutes said:
D-day is next Thursday.

When's your convo Andy? (Do you even care?)
Oh you just opened up one of my rant-boxes!

Convocation is June 2nd which is absolutely ******ed since my lease ends at the end of May. Why can't they make graduation before June. That way we can gradumacate and get the hell outta here all by the end of May. ******ed.

I really don't care about convocation. The majority of folks in the class of 2005 are not the folks I started out med school with; I don't even know most of them. I went to graduation in 2002 and I felt that this was the big ceremony for my purposes...seeing all my buddies graduate and move on to bigger and better things was awesome (but a bit depressing for me at the same time).

I'm going to graduation but only because my parents are coming up for it. If my parents weren't so insistent on coming, I would totally skip it.

beary said:

2) Go to friend's house.
3) Watch Kentucky Derby.
5) Grill out.
6) Drink beer.

Sounds like a great plan...especially the part about grilling out and drinking beer...I would have the guys over my place to do the same if I had a grill. Unfortunately, at our apartment community, we're not allowed to have a grill on our balconies due to some stupid fire hazard thing.

Have a great night! Hope Steinbrenner's horse loses!

quant said:
I know.....thats the point.....

and you hit....THIRTY, a year after that... :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

wanna bet on how fast a year can rip by?.......muhahahahaha
you were off by a year. that means we're apart by 2 years.

before you think about hitting that reply button.....

Poster_7238.jpg

;)

AndyMilonakis said:
you were off by a year. that means we're apart by 2 years.

before you think about hitting that reply button.....

Poster_7238.jpg

;)

One and half years.......bah....

one and half years also rips by fast.... :smuggrin:

And yes i know im talking to the hand.........muhahahahaha.... :laugh: :laugh:

bananaface said:
I am sure to remember Andy's birthday. :smuggrin:

hey you guys are just a day apart!......though im sure there are a lot of years in between.....

muhahahaha...

quant said:
hey you guys are just a day apart!......though im sure there are a lot of years in between.....

muhahahaha...
yes, she was but a mere foetus when i was in high school.

yaah said:
beary watches NASCAR? :eek:

Once in a while. I'm not a huge fan but some of my closest friends are. So lots of the time when we get together it happens to be for a race. Tonight, we ended up segregating by gender with most of the guys inside watching the race and the girls out on the porch chatting. :laugh:

It can be exciting but I don't follow it enough to really understand it.