anatomy and physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esised

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hii every one;
I am planing take A&P review course in summer in preparation for taking the Pcat test in September of 2013. Since I have not taken the A&P as of yet. Do you have any recommendation for any such review courses to take online or at any college during the next 5 months.

Thank you in advance for your recommendation.

Members don't see this ad.

Besides actually taking A&P, I have no idea how to answer your question. Maybe rent an A&P book from the library and try to work through it? Try to pick it up best you can from a PCAT review in combination with the textbook? (Everyone seems to rave about Doc Collins...)

Unfortunately, I took the PCAT before last year's reformulation, so I can't even speak confidently as to how much of it requires A&P. Pearson's candidate booklet can help with how many questions to expect, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
is A&P a pre req for any undergrad classes? Ive been figuring out my classes for two days now and I am getting tired of looking.

is A&P a pre req for any undergrad classes? Ive been figuring out my classes for two days now and I am getting tired of looking.

For my university, yes. But we don't have a combined anatomy and physiology class. We've got two classes: one dedicated for human anatomy and one dedicated for human systemic physiology. The physiology class is an upper division class that is a pre-req for all other upper division physiology classes that emphasize in a specific organ system in the human body.

That's just my university though; yours might be similar or different.

I only took A&P 1 before the PCAT and scored a 99 on the biology section... DR. COLLINS!!! :)

hii every one;
I am planing take A&P review course in summer in preparation for taking the Pcat test in September of 2013. Since I have not taken the A&P as of yet. Do you have any recommendation for any such review courses to take online or at any college during the next 5 months.

Thank you in advance for your recommendation.

Hi,
I was going through certain links and came across the following colleges which provide courses on A & P (corresponding links are mentioned) :

1. Des Moines Area Community College-
http://www.ed2go.com/online-courses/human-anatomy-and-physiology.html?site=dmacc.online&tab=detail

2. UNF (Division of Continuing Education)-
https://www.ce.unf.edu/CourseStatus.awp?~~13WPTPC134A

3. Origon tech - online A& P classes- http://www.oit.edu/distance-education/courses/human-anatomy-physiology-online

You can go through these . Hope this helps :)

I took my PCAT before I did micro or A&P and my worse section was biology. Now, after taking the classes, the questions regarding this material on the PCAT is textbook. My PCAT had very simple questions about what muscle or bone the example was showing. What a lacteal does, what type of cell produces HCL, if the bacteria was a gram negative/postive rod/cocci etc.