Anatomy book question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hollycozza

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey hey!

I have ten weeks of clinical placements to go before graduation(!) anyway, I have a book question. The anatomy books I have are:

* Dyce Sack and Wensing Veterinary Anatomy
* Budras (Dog anatomy)

anyway, I need to revise my anatomy, and am looking to buy an equine book and a ruminant (specifically cow) book. I've done all my lectures and passed all my exams, but I would like some books with good pictures to keep, and use to help me with surgery, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on almost being done!! I really like the 'Color Atlas of Veterinary Anatomy' by Ashdown and Done. There are three volumes: Ruminant, Equine and Dog and Cat. They contain tons of photographs plus labeled illustrations to accompany the photographs.

If you have access to VIN (and its free to vet students) I suggest posting this question there. They will have a better idea of what will be useful out in practice as most people on this site are in vet school still.

thanks Norky and Angelo. I think I signed up for VIN ages ago but have never used it, but it sounds like I should, so I shall try that!! Cheers :)