Are there are comprehensive question banks for veterinary anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rumalum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to help out my cousin who isn't doing so hot with her veterinary anatomy. I know in med school, question banks were the answer. Any veterinary resources?

Members don't see this ad.

What resources is she currently using? Question banks won't help much if she doesn't have good reference material (and I wouldn't exactly trust question banks that are made willy-nilly and posted online by students...sometimes the information in there is flat out wrong).

Colorado State has an EXCELLENT anatomy program. Best $30 you can spend. I highly recommend it.

Veterinary Educational Tools

The one downside is that it is only canine and equine anatomy (I've actually only used the canine one myself), although it is an excellent starter. For resources that include feline/bovine/ovine/caprine/porcine and all that, she should consider using texts from Pasquini or Dyce.

UMN also has good online anatomy resources

Veterinary Anatomy Website Home Page

VIN has an online virtual anatomy system that really helps me. It’s free to vet students, she just has to sign up for an account.

Members don't see this ad :)
From the Study Tools thread in the Pre-Vet forum:
Anatomy:
Colorado State Small Animal Anatomy: Virtual Canine Anatomy
Cornell's Horse Dissection: Horse Dissection
Sectioned Horse head: http://www.onlineveterinaryanatomy....inal_media/document/asset_8862_REG.E.1all.pdf
Mizzou Anatomy Modules: Anatomy Teaching Modules | MU College of Veterinary Medicine
Minnesota Anatomy: Veterinary Anatomy Web Site Home Page, Carnivore Anatomy, Ungulate Anatomy
Oklahoma's Equine Transverse Sections: OSU CVM Anatomy - Equine Overview - Section Selection
3D Bones: Dog 3D Bone Set
Limb Anatomy: Limb Anatomy
HTML/Flash delivered anatomical modules: Web-delivered interactive anatomy for the veterinary student
VIN/IVALA (VIN vet student membership required): VIN - Authentication Required

Reactions: 3 users
All of the above are great resources.

If your cousin is someone who does better studying with question banks though, the Saunders anatomy flash cards are a really good investment.