another chance me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalmedicine1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. I don't see anything wrong with your DAT score to be honest. Its a good score. I wouldn't retake. However, if you are going to retake, take it ASAP. You probably only need a month to study so maybe the end of June. Also, there is no guarantee that you will do better, unless you are certain.
2. I think it will process but they will know you will be retaking.
3. I think so since its a new app.
4. From what I have seen, Temple, Marquette, CWRU, UDM, Pitt, Buffalo are some. Look at other forums that list detailed info on where you would range and where to apply.
5. Maybe your interviewing skills. Since you have gotten interviews, maybe there is something that went wrong there. Other that that, you have volunteer and shadowing hours so it must be the interview. Did you contact schools to see why you weren't accepted?
6. I think your GPA and DAT are good enough to get you in. Now you have to wow them during the interview. Good luck!

Also, did you rewrite your PS and did you get new LOR? I heard that is important...

1. I don't see anything wrong with your DAT score to be honest. Its a good score. I wouldn't retake. However, if you are going to retake, take it ASAP. You probably only need a month to study so maybe the end of June. Also, there is no guarantee that you will do better, unless you are certain.
2. I think it will process but they will know you will be retaking.
3. I think so since its a new app.
4. From what I have seen, Temple, Marquette, CWRU, UDM, Pitt, Buffalo are some. Look at other forums that list detailed info on where you would range and where to apply.
5. Maybe your interviewing skills. Since you have gotten interviews, maybe there is something that went wrong there. Other that that, you have volunteer and shadowing hours so it must be the interview. Did you contact schools to see why you weren't accepted?
6. I think your GPA and DAT are good enough to get you in. Now you have to wow them during the interview. Good luck!

Also, did you rewrite your PS and did you get new LOR? I heard that is important...
I believe it's because his DAT scores will expire

Members don't see this ad :)
Any school suggestion? Marquette and Pitt falls within my stat? How about both midwesterns?

USC, Western, UMDNJ, Buffalo, Stony Brook, Pitts, Maryland, VCU, Marquette, Indiana, UNE. Guys I need to pick 4 school from those list. Could you guys help me narrow down?

USC, Western, UMDNJ, Buffalo, Stony Brook, Pitts, Maryland, VCU, Marquette, Indiana, UNE. Guys I need to pick 4 school from those list. Could you guys help me narrow down?

Western, Pitt, Marquette, Maryland(not sure about their avg stat, you might not be competitive, USC if you aren't.

hi all. i need some suggestion.
basic stats
overall gpa: 3.3<x<3.4
science gpa: 3.1<x<3.2
biomedical grad gpa: 3.4<x<3.5
AA/Sci/PAT: 21/22/23 nothing below 19 (Last time I can use this score for application).
Many hours of working, volunteering, shadowing, various activities.
LOR: only from undergrad and dentists. nothing from grad...
1 pending pre-requisite to be done.

This June will be 3rd time applying.
1st try: applied very very very late: one interview.
2nd try: applied first day. ended up with 5 waitlist.

Things I have done between last June until today: Just working (not dental related) but something in healthcare...

Not much improvement to show.
so...my plan is to apply when the application opens and take DAT again in fall.

My questions are...

When is good time to retake DAT?
Will schools hold my application until I submit my new DAT score?
Do I need to resubmit my transcripts?
Which schools should I be applying?
What should I improve other than taking more courses since not much will be improved for GPA...?
Any advice or suggestion?

Thank you in advance.
do not retake the dat

i have to, its expiring. I just checked oldest DAT score considered. Mine is few weeks over two years. I am now finding about Case, Lecom, UDM oldest dat score considered. Case/Lecom I cannot find the info. For UDM, Adea book and their website don't match.

i have to, its expiring. I just checked oldest DAT score considered. Mine is few weeks over two years. I am now finding about Case, Lecom, UDM oldest dat score considered. Case/Lecom I cannot find the info. For UDM, Adea book and their website don't match.

I think for UDM you'd have to retake either way. Their website says "DAT scores older than two years from the time of the test are not acceptable . " and the ADEA guide says 12/31/2013. In both cases your current score exceeds the limit :(