Another LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Envision

Envisioning...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

so i haven 5 LORs already, 1 from bio, 1 from ochem, 1 from dentist, one from non science, and one from research. however, im retaking physio lab this quarter and Im getting an A (first time, C-), so my question is, should i ask that professor to write me a LOR too? Or is 5 enough? just wanna see what others opinions are. thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

imho 5 is more than enough. I had 5 good ones go in to my pre-health committee and they are only sending in 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, 5? I have 3 total (committee, dentist, work).

What's normal?

haha, i believe anywhere between 3-5 is pretty standard. i've heard on these forums someone having like, 10. However, its not really the number of LOR that interest me. it is more of a strategic thing, cuz since i did bad in this class, and now im getting a LOR from the professor who runs it, i figure that would look good. thoughts?

Envision said:
haha, i believe anywhere between 3-5 is pretty standard. i've heard on these forums someone having like, 10. However, its not really the number of LOR that interest me. it is more of a strategic thing, cuz since i did bad in this class, and now im getting a LOR from the professor who runs it, i figure that would look good. thoughts?

Unless that professor knows you well enough to write a good letter w/ more than just "this student improved significantly the second time", I would say just let the grade speak for itself.