Any 27-29 MCAT with interviews????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol yeah at this point I guess there's not much else we can do aside from sending in updates and a letter of intent to our top choice. Best of luck to you fellow waitlist all-star!

Haha, best of luck to you too!

Members don't see this ad.

I've dreamed about posting in this thread since the first day I came across it almost 9 months ago. I never thought it would be possible, but we made it fam.

3.75 GPA
I took the MCAT 3 times ->> 25, 26, 28 (realized I plateau'd and likely wouldn't do any better so took the chance and applied anyway, knowing fully well the uphill climb I was facing)
ORM (East Asian)
California Resident (lol yeah I know, all the cards really against me)

Applied day 1--- June 1st. 34 schools. 26 secondaries received. Somehow received 4 II's. 2 of them were California schools, too (UC Davis and UC Riverside). Today, I got my first acceptance. I've never been so grateful for anything in my entire life. Work hard, and it can be done fam. What I think set my app apart: personal statement told a story (nothing too crazy, just growing up as an immigrant), exceptional LORs from professors I built strong relationships with, and secondaries that actually catered to specifics of the school and why I wanted to GO THERE, instead of the generic old "I like your research on XYZ" or whatever. Do what you do. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to help. Good luck everyone!
Congrats man! As a fellow 28er I'm glad to see you've had a great cycle. This board can be pessimistic at times and it's great to see that medical schools look at everything. Good luck in med school!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats man! As a fellow 28er I'm glad to see you've had a great cycle. This board can be pessimistic at times and it's great to see that medical schools look at everything. Good luck in med school!

Thanks man! I really appreciate the kind words. You're next!! If there is anything I can ever do for you, please let me know :) Wishing you all the very best!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks man! I really appreciate the kind words. You're next!! If there is anything I can ever do for you, please let me know :) Wishing you all the very best!!
Thanks I appreciate it!

Luckily, I'm a Texas resident so I'm sure that helped! So far TTUHSC El Paso, UTMB Galveston, and Texas A&M! Thank you, can't wait to get started!

Just updating!

29 MCAT
12II's
9 interviews attended
7 acceptances
1 assumed rejection from GW (since I've been on hold forever) .

Once again, so glad I'm a Texas Resident!

Could you list which schools you II'd at? I've got a 504 (equivalent of a 28) and I'm hoping for some luck this upcoming cycle.

Texan resident with not as much luck :( LizzyM around 64 with strong recs and ECs. Guess it's just not my year!

I saw your profile says you were accepted! Congratulations! Where'd you hear back from?

Well I was in a weird situation where I dropped out of dental school the first week and applied straight to medical school, which means I took the MCAT in 5 weeks while doing applications.

I think what helped me stand out (good or bad) was dropping out, at least in Texas since they knew about dental school.

I did about 4000 hours of scribing and shadowing, volunteered in refugee camps overseas, and established a volunteer organization. So I'm really not sure what stood out, dropping out of dental school or the extracurriculars. :)

Which schools did you hear back from?

Could you list which schools you II'd at? I've got a 504 (equivalent of a 28) and I'm hoping for some luck this upcoming cycle.

I saw your profile says you were accepted! Congratulations! Where'd you hear back from?

Which schools did you hear back from?
I interviewed at all Texas schools except UTRGV and Baylor

MCAT of 503 with overall LizzyM of 62/63, just got my 7th II yesterday. Now 5 MD II's and 2 DO II's with an acceptance from a DO school. Wait listed at my state MD school, still waiting to hear from another, and have my 3 remaining MD interviews in March. All my II's came after the new year so if you have a low LizzyM don't give up hope (like I almost did) until the cycle is actually over!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just wanted to drop by and make a quick update!
Have had 2 interviews so far from 2 of my state schools! there is hope for us folk :') !

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
496 & 2 MD acceptances: ) waiting on my third in two weeks !

Congrats :). Where did you get an interview from?
Thanks! One was at my state school and the other at Saint Louis :) I was placed on the waitlist in Saint Louis, but accepted at my state school! :soexcited: Congrats on your acceptance!!

494 MCAT accepted into MD program. In case someone else is curious, it's not my state school and not located in Puerto Rico. And unfortunately, it's one of the top 5 expensive schools, according to MSAR. :greedy: but:soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users
just call me king of the waitlists *pulls hair out* *screams indefinitely*

Reactions: 2 users
28 mcat, 4 MD II, 1 DO II, withdrew from other DO schools after first MD acceptance. Also international. Your hard work will pay off guys, as long as you give it your everything. Bless you!

Reactions: 4 users
503 MCAT 3.5 GPA. Had 4 II !

29 MCAT, 3 MD interviews, 3 MD acceptances. The neuroticism this site made me have over a 29 was entirely unfounded.

Reactions: 6 users
29 MCAT, 3 MD interviews, 3 MD acceptances. The neuroticism this site made me have over a 29 was entirely unfounded.
Absolutely unfounded. My fiancee scored a 29 and is getting ready to graduate from a top school, along with plenty of other people with scores less than or equal to hers. A 29 should never make someone question their application. Congrats on your acceptances and being able to reject a school! Knock their socks off.

Reactions: 1 user

@redferrari which state if you don't mind me asking? Or I could PM. I will be applying this cycle with similar MCAT on the new exam after multiple attempts and just curious.

506 mcat, 6 MD IIs, two acceptances, I hear back from one more next week! Definitely possible!

I guess it's pretty cool to see some people with super low <500 scores who somehow got like 5+ interviews and multiple acceptances, but this is by no means realistic even if you have an awesome application in addition to your mediocre MCAT score. good luck to all!

Honestly its just frustrating. I would really like to know how some of these people are getting so many interviews such the equivalent of like a 24-26 MCAT

Honestly its just frustrating. I would really like to know how some of these people are getting so many interviews such the equivalent of like a 24-26 MCAT

Again, there's more to s great doctor than the mcat. You shouldn't be frustrated because you have a higher MCAT...that doesn't make you any better or worse of an applicant. Try being supportive of those who were successful...some good karma may come your way

haha literally my life exactly! 507 MCAT, also 3 MD interviews and 3 waitlists. loving the positive energy of this thread but to all normal future applicants reading this thread (i.e., not URM, not a veteran, no unbelievable story of joining the peace corps and/or spending years caring for medically underserved orphans while simultaneously curing cancer), please be advised that a <510 MCAT will simply hurt you! I guess it's pretty cool to see some people with super low <500 scores who somehow got like 5+ interviews and multiple acceptances, but this is by no means realistic even if you have an awesome application in addition to your mediocre MCAT score. good luck to all!
hey man i know its frustrating but i went to a state university, didnt get in anywhere the first time i applied, have research and community service like the typical applicant and nothing way out of the ordinary and I had some great luck. I am ORM and dont have a unique story.

hey man i know its frustrating but i went to a state university, didnt get in anywhere the first time i applied, have research and community service like the typical applicant and nothing way out of the ordinary and I had some great luck. I am ORM and dont have a unique story.
Your success is so inspiring to me as someone who will probably end up as a reapplicant. Congrats! :)

Congrats!! What was your GPA combined with that (I'm in similar boat applying next cycle)??
My cGPA was a 3.73, had a lot of research, shadowing and a lot of ECs that helped me I'm sure :) good luck this cycle!

2 MD II and 2 WLs for me this year with a 28 MCAT. I'm hopeful that an acceptance will come my way in May. Congrats to everyone with acceptances and hopefully us fellow waitlisters will face similar luck.

Reactions: 4 users
It may have something to do with us being "abnormal" as implied by another poster because of veteran, URM, or volunteering/employment statuses. But the dean where I am matriculating told me that a stated goal of this whole MCAT transition is partially to bring greater attention to those applicants near the average (equivalent of like a 24-26, as you say). So maybe people are getting so many interviews with that equivalent score because it was some of the impetus for the change in the first place. Just a thought.

It may have something to do with us being "abnormal" as implied by another poster because of veteran, URM, or volunteering/employment statuses. But the dean where I am matriculating told me that a stated goal of this whole MCAT transition is partially to bring greater attention to those applicants near the average (equivalent of like a 24-26, as you say). So maybe people are getting so many interviews with that equivalent score because it was some of the impetus for the change in the first place. Just a thought.
just curious, but what school?

503 MCAT and 3.4 with 7 II's (5 MD and 2 DO). 3 MD WL and still have to hear back from the other 2 this month. 1 DO acceptance!

Places are getting better about looking at you as a whole. Also it's important to note to this upcoming year's applicants that all my interviews were in the new year. So it'll be easy to get frustrated if you don't hear anything the first few months of the cycle, but hang in there! Schools interview throughout the whole cycle!

501 7 Interview Invites total, withdrew from 1 pre-interview, 1 acceptance
Took MCAT three times, 22, 23, and 501

496 & 2 MD acceptances: ) waiting on my third in two weeks !

Any updates for these you guys??? @Sahgee did you end up with rhe third acceptance? Also anything non traditional? Like a billion research papers published or anything else crazy like that?

Any updates for these you guys??? @Sahgee did you end up with rhe third acceptance? Also anything non traditional? Like a billion research papers published or anything else crazy like that?

Hey hey hey :) i was waitlisted at my third location but i slighlty expected such since i applied quite late in the cycle. I withdrew from other schools i applied to. & nope! No billion research publications but i have done resesrch at places like emory & vanderbilt. I have oodles of clinical experience, all volunteer in addition to lots of ec's. & i had really good essays. If you have any more specific, questions shoot me a message :)

as someone who has taken the MCAT 3 times and will be applying in the upcoming cycle, is your Lizzy M calculated with the most recent/highest score or averaged?

Hey hey hey :) i was waitlisted at my third location but i slighlty expected such since i applied quite late in the cycle. I withdrew from other schools i applied to. & nope! No billion research publications but i have done resesrch at places like emory & vanderbilt. I have oodles of clinical experience, all volunteer in addition to lots of ec's. & i had really good essays. If you have any more specific, questions shoot me a message :)

Would you mind sharing what schools you did get accepted to? Either here or pm? I'm extremely curious!

Just wanted to provide more encouragement for those with less than stellar MCAT scores. I was informed last week that tuition at the MD school I am matriculating into (which is one of the absolute most expensive in the country) will be crazy cheap because of significant scholarship. So while chances aren't great for lower score applicants, don't listen to the hype that you can't get in or qualify for any non-loan funding.

I got my first MD acceptance this past week with my 503 MCAT! Already had a DO one too. Don't give up hope