Any advice to strengthen my dental apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SGStudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice are welcome. I am still waiting to hear from dental schools and have a few rejections. I have been emailed from Temple about the 1 year post bacc program to strengthen my dental apps next year. Does anybody know more of these programs? The length of the program and curriculum are great, but the tuition fee is very expensive. I appreciate your time.

Members don't see this ad.

DAT: OC, Bio, GM all 19, RC- 18 and Math 16. Overall GPA- 3.01 and Science overall: 2.9. Have shadowed in three dental clinics including NYU (with 3rd and 4th year dental students), currently working in a dental office as a dental assistant.

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA is too low; you're going to need to do a post-bac or SMP. You should also look into retaking the DAT as well.

Reactions: 1 users
DAT: OC, Bio, GM all 19, RC- 18 and Math 16. Overall GPA- 3.01 and Science overall: 2.9. Have shadowed in three dental clinics including NYU (with 3rd and 4th year dental students), currently working in a dental office as a dental assistant.

You're going to need to do something to beef up your GPA and retaking the DAT would probably help as well-like @JLT223 has said

Thanks for all the advice, I do know already that I have to raise my GPA and DAT. However if anybody know about programs such as Temple's one year post bacc.

My recommendation is to seek out if your undergraduate university has a Pre-Health Program advisor. Mine did and she was well equipped to help me. She recommended ways to improve my application, but she also knew all of the programs that were available (such as the post-bac you're mentioning) that the schools in the area like. Definitely worth looking to find a Pre-Heath Program advisor!