Any chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ksteer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my adviser told me that if I show improvement in my GPA MD schools would be more willing to consider me. My GPA for my first two semesters was 3.08 and 3.12 I did online classes (17 credits) during the summer and pulled a 3.56. Does that show improvement/dedication or is it just a waste of time?

Members don't see this ad.

You're going to have to do better than that. Acing 1-2 years would be more convincing. You probably will need a post-bac or SMP to salvage your GPA, depending upon how close you are to graduating.

So my adviser told me that if I show improvement in my GPA MD schools would be more willing to consider me. My GPA for my first two semesters was 3.08 and 3.12 I did online classes (17 credits) during the summer and pulled a 3.56. Does that show improvement/dedication or is it just a waste of time?

Yea...you are going to have to do even better than the GPA you had this summer to pull up your GPA from your freshman year. If you get around a 4.0 in the next 2 semesters, you will have pulled your grade up to the median for a med school matriculant.