Any fellow Arizonians considering Midwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jalam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or anyone else at all?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from Las Vegas. Considering Midwestern since it is close. I'm not too familiar with their optometry program yet so I'm still doing my research.

Awesome! Did you take the OAT yet? They are one of the new programs so lots of people tend to not consider it over the ones that have been open for hundreds of years. From what I know from friends that have gone through or are currently in their OD program, it has gotten better. At the end of the day it just matters if you pass the board exams which a very high % of their students do. It's like 5 mins away from my house so it's my number 1 choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking the OAT early Sept. I'm hoping to do killer on the OAT since my GPA is weaker. I'm glad to hear good things about it though. Right now my choice of schools are Western, SCCO, Midwestern, and ICO. What other schools are you considering? Do you know any more info on Midwestern's curriculum and exposure to clinic? Their website doesn't have much information.

I'm considering Midwestern. Just got extended an invitation to go interview there, I'm going early September... I submitted my OptomCas on August 2nd, OAT:320AA/320TS, GPA:3.29

Reactions: 1 user
I applied there, and was just extended an interview!

Reactions: 1 user
You'll do great! Interview is laid back and I had fun!

@NAUeyes that's good to hear! I've been terrified because I'm super shy and I sometimes forget how to speak coherent English under pressure