Any first year premeds in here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byeh2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone a first year here? Seems that the majority of the people here are 3rd years... anywho I'm Bryan and I'm a first year psych/premed major from UC Riverside... just saying hi because im bored

Members don't see this ad.

Yo. name is ron. go to community college, probably going to Berkeley next year. Philosophy and rhetoric/math double major.

Berkeley math major and a pre-med? Bad idea. Very bad idea

Babooshka said:
Yo. name is ron. go to community college, probably going to Berkeley next year. Philosophy and rhetoric/math double major.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm guessing a lot of first years don't know about this site and maybe don't even know that they're premed yet. i certainly didn't my first year of college. :)

sdnstud, thanks for the heads up. I'm awaiting a beating from the math, but if things get really tough, I'm willing to drop the math major. I'm a ***** :thumbup: Is it cool if I PM you about being a pre-med student at CAL?

1st year here. Going to Georgia Perimeter College right now, got accepted to Georgia Southern University, so thats where i'll be in the fall. My major is Secondary Education in Biology/premed, and thinking of minoring in Psychology and History.

Sapper41 said:
1st year here. Going to Georgia Perimeter College right now, got accepted to Georgia Southern University, so thats where i'll be in the fall. My major is Secondary Education in Biology/premed, and thinking of minoring in Psychology and History.

Good to see some first year guys and girls on the forum. I am just curious what you guys are doing to prepare for the admission process in your first year. Volunteer, etc. Let's keep up the posts so we can keep interested in the site.

i'm a first year studying bioinformatics at uno. Looking forward to taking some actual pre-med classes next semester, spent this year working on math and programming req's.

Any idea of what to do in the summer?

at2341 said:
Good to see some first year guys and girls on the forum. I am just curious what you guys are doing to prepare for the admission process in your first year. Volunteer, etc. Let's keep up the posts so we can keep interested in the site.

For me, I'm just taking your good ol' core sciences bio and chem. For volunteering I spend my time at a transitional living center helping out patients with traumatic brain injuries, im actually planning to transfer first, but after what I've been reading in the threads here I'm having second thoughts, my dream medical school is Hopkins Medical or Harvard

golfboy said:
i'm a first year studying bioinformatics at uno. Looking forward to taking some actual pre-med classes next semester, spent this year working on math and programming req's.

Any idea of what to do in the summer?

You can do a variety of things, depending on how much time you have... theres always research, volunteering, summer school, or volunteering aboard

heres a link to a volunteer abroad program with several medicine related projects

http://www.projects-abroad.org/