Any good programs for high school students?

hemmings123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Does anyone know of any good programs that go on during school breaks that I could apply to, something like travelling abroad and something that teaches useful skills and looks good on a resume! For example, my friend went on this university study tour that takes you to all the top universities in the US during the summer and showed you around campus.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is very broad. What exactly are you looking for? Be more specific.

Reactions: 1 user
This is very broad. What exactly are you looking for? Be more specific.
Sorry, something like a university campus tour (or study tour), week long camps that teach useful skills and help you prepare for university. Anything that has value and educational purposes.

Members don't see this ad :)
When picking things to spend your time on, realize that nothing you do in high school will count when it comes time to apply to medical school or any other healthcare professional school. Unless you are trying to get in to Harvard or MIT or something, perhaps you're time out of school would be better spent getting a job and saving up for college. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

what about internships? i'm from the bay and i'm currently looking at a bunch of medical related research internships at Stanford, UCSC, UCD, etc. they look awesome on college apps and you can get LORs from the grad students or whoever is running it