Any ideas for what questions I should ask at a med school forum I'm attending tomorrow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlatFour

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My university is hosting a medical school forum tomorrow which I will be attending. Not only will it have current medical students but also admission reps from multiple medical schools, all open to answer my inquiries. I have a few questions already in mind but would love to hear some of your suggestions in case I'm forgetting something important.

On a similar note, is there something specific I could say or do to make a good impression? Anything that could increase my chances of an acceptance is a welcomed plus.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Bring your textbooks. All of them. Bring the entire library. Voraciously comb through each text book, randomly circling and highlighting where you see fit. After having finished desecrating every single last book, stand atop the pile and scream "I am gunner, hear me roar"

Or ya know, listen to what they have to say and ask questions if they say something you're interested in.

Dude that last paragraph is golden.

Ask them them if they ever look for applicants who are "deeply committed to serving the poor and uninsured," then laugh knowingly. Ask them what are the best hobbies for a premed to have (other than volunteering). Ask them what are the best reasons to go into medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bring your textbooks. All of them. Bring the entire library. Voraciously comb through each text book, randomly circling and highlighting where you see fit. After having finished desecrating every single last book, stand atop the pile and scream "I am gunner, hear me roar".
What color highlighter should I use?! Do you think "yellow" shows my commitment to medicine!?

In all seriousness it's not my intention to gun, only trying to take advantage of a good opportunity.

Dude that last paragraph is golden.

Ask them them if they ever look for applicants who are "deeply committed to serving the poor and uninsured," then laugh knowingly. Ask them what are the best hobbies for a premed to have (other than volunteering). Ask them what are the best reasons to go into medicine.
And Boolean called me a gunner? :rofl:

What color highlighter should I use?! Do you think "yellow" shows my commitment to medicine!?

In all seriousness it's not my intention to gun, only trying to take advantage of a good opportunity.
Ask them about their curriculum. Do some research on it, see why they have certain aspects. Coming from a similar UletterF school (think Disney), I'd say that you could probably inquire into how/why they've adopted non-mandatory attendance and what they think of PBL

Reactions: 1 user
Ask them about their curriculum. Do some research on it, see why they have certain aspects. Coming from a similar UletterF school (think Disney), I'd say that you could probably inquire into how/why they've adopted non-mandatory attendance and what they think of PBL
This is the kind of stuff I was looking for, thank you.

And yeah, I picked up on the sarcasm :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user