Any magical words of knowledge (my application)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allison114

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am currently entering my fourth year as a Molecular Bio major. I have a 3.47 GPA, one C in ecology (online summer school=lame). I have 30 more units left and I quit my job so I can focus on school to raise my GPA these last two semesters. Taking my MCAT in Jan, 15 months of interning at a hospital, 2 years of lab work, one publication (in the process), and philanthropy work in a sorority for all 4 years. What are my odds of getting accepted into a MD program, hopefully in Cali? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I am currently entering my fourth year as a Molecular Bio major. I have a 3.47 GPA, one C in ecology (online summer school=lame). I have 30 more units left and I quit my job so I can focus on school to raise my GPA these last two semesters. Taking my MCAT in Jan, 15 months of interning at a hospital, 2 years of lab work, one publication (in the process), and philanthropy work in a sorority for all 4 years. What are my odds of getting accepted into a MD program, hopefully in Cali? Thanks! :)

Without an MCAT score, no one will be able to give you even an idea of what your chance is. Do focus on raising that GPA though, and nail the MCAT and those will be your first steps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chances of an MD acceptance with various cGPAs and MCAT outcomes can be seen here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=888650 . Considering that only 1/3 of Californian matriculants are able to stay in-state, your chances of doing so with stats below matriculant averages would be much less than the numbers on the grid.

As of right now? I'd say Loma Linda, Western and TUCOM-CA are your only choices. MSAR Online is your friend. Be prepared to go out of state.