Any news on CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobi1

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When does CCOM make students place an acceptance fee? Speaking of those fees how people would sacrifice a bunch of money if sometime in july or august their first choice school offers an acceptance? After middle May, I will be out $2000 if I get and take an offer from one of my higher choice schools. These huge nonrefundable fees seem somewhat unique to osteopathic schools. With all the applicants out there it cannot be necessary for a school to use this kind of fee system to fill their class. Besides, I would guess that most applicants would give up the money if it means they can get their education at the school of choice. So the fees are not effective in committing students. I am sure the colleges also realize this, but find the fees a very lucrative source of free money.

[This message has been edited by Kobi1 (edited 03-09-99).]

[This message has been edited by Kobi1 (edited 03-09-99).]

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted to CCOM in late January and my firt intallment ($250) was due in mid-February. $750 is due in late March. I believe another $1,000 is due in May, but I'll have to check.

I understand what you are saying about losing money if you want to go to another school, and don't find out till later. It doesn't seem fair but I guess you have to deal with it so that you guarantee yourself a spot somewhere. CCOM does take some money, but according to the matriculation agreement I received $600 of the $2000 is refundable. Its not all of it but at least it is something. Hope that helped.

Josh