Any previous Med Techs willing to give advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MLT2MT2DO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious if there are any that have applied to med school on here, I have a question about designating some of our courses.

I know it says "Other Science" Medical Technology, but does/did this include all your/our courses? Such as Hematology, Microbiology...other sciences that clearly should probably be classified as Biology courses.

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same issue last fall when filling out my APPs. I eventually gave up and didn't apply (for other reasons). I did place a large majority of the 4th year MT classes in the OTHER category. What can I say... we are one of a kind!

Curious if there are any that have applied to med school on here, I have a question about designating some of our courses.

I know it says "Other Science" Medical Technology, but does/did this include all your/our courses? Such as Hematology, Microbiology...other sciences that clearly should probably be classified as Biology courses.

If I remember correctly, I listed those as Biology courses...because that's where I think they fit best.

I am wondering the same thing! All the CLS classes that in all actuality are biology courses--are they supposed to be classified as Other Science-Medical Technology because they were taken in the CLS dept instead of the biology dept?

Does anyone know if TCOM will count any of these as biology (they require 12 bio credits, and claim that those taken as credit towards an allied health major don't count towards biology)? Seriosly, as a CLS major, I have way more biology background than most bio majors!!