Any Social Psy Professors w/ a Research Interest in Religion/Christianity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

districtFIVE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I have been searching around for any Social Psych programs who have a professor(s) with a research interest of religion/Christianity/prayer/spirituality. I am currently getting my masters in Sport Psych and my interest is mainly in how spirituality interacts with constructs such as fear of failure, need for achievement, etc.
If anyone knows a professor looking into spirituality from a psychological perspective (socioculturally would be nice) please let me know. I currently am "apprenticing" under a professor here with that interest, but seem to be running on empty finding others out there.

Thanks and God bless.

Members don't see this ad.

Jungmeen Kim at Virginia Tech...though her students are in the Developmental/Biological Psych program, not social.

Hey Guys,
I have been searching around for any Social Psych programs who have a professor(s) with a research interest of religion/Christianity/prayer/spirituality. I am currently getting my masters in Sport Psych and my interest is mainly in how spirituality interacts with constructs such as fear of failure, need for achievement, etc.
If anyone knows a professor looking into spirituality from a psychological perspective (socioculturally would be nice) please let me know. I currently am "apprenticing" under a professor here with that interest, but seem to be running on empty finding others out there.

Thanks and God bless.

Jordan B. Peterson at U of Toronto. He's interested in achievement, but also in meaning, mythology, religion, and neuroscience. Very very interesting. You'll find his website via google, he's got lectures posted online which will give you a taste of what he's like. Dynamite.

I will look into those two professors today. Thanks guys.