Any upcoming FM Residency Seminars / Virtual Fairs / Conferences? Also tips on researching programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hsk013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
4th year DO student, applying FM this cycle.

I was wondering if you guys know of any upcoming FM residency seminars, fairs, conferences, or something similar.

I've been so loose since I got my board score back and haven't really prepped myself for the upcoming residency cycle (other than working on my personal statement and application). I made an excel spreadsheet from FREIDA back in March (when COVID outbreak first started and had a tons of free time), but how do people really go about when it comes to selecting which programs to consider?

I just filtered by board scores, geography (but don't really have much preference), and how many DOs or IMGs are in each program, but other than that, I'm not sure what criteria to use or what to look for in a program. Any tips would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

I was wondering if you guys know of any upcoming FM residency seminars, fairs, conferences, or something similar.

I've been so loose since I got my board score back and haven't really prepped myself for the upcoming residency cycle (other than working on my personal statement and application). I made an excel spreadsheet from FREIDA back in March (when COVID outbreak first started and had a tons of free time), but how do people really go about when it comes to selecting which programs to consider?

I just filtered by board scores, geography (but don't really have much preference), and how many DOs or IMGs are in each program, but other than that, I'm not sure what criteria to use or what to look for in a program. Any tips would be appreciated!
FMX is in October but all online. PM me and i can give you advice if you want

Reactions: 1 user
FMEC and FMX are coming up.
Do you have any particular interests within FM?

That's where I started, my interests were/are global health, reproductive health, under-resourced areas, so I started there that looked for programs with any of those emphasized. Location was also important to me.
It definitely just took time googling and making a list based on websites.

Reactions: 1 users

That's a pretty good start.

One major question you have to ask yourself is do you want community or academic?

If it's any consolation, my program is also still trying to figure out how they will stratify applicants.