Anybody interested in talking about University of Florida dental college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Q

Qianxun

hi, everybody.SDN is a great place. I found a lot helpful information from here.
After searching a lot of threads, I found not so many people were talking about the university of florida dental college. All the dental schools :luck: in the Ca. are very hot here. SO I put this thread out to find someone who is interested in UFDC. Lets discuss the interview, the clinical test there.
Have a good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Qianxun said:
hi, everybody.SDN is a great place. I found a lot helpful information from here.
After searching a lot of threads, I found not so many people were talking about the university of florida dental college. All the dental schools :luck: in the Ca. are very hot here. SO I put this thread out to find someone who is interested in UFDC. Lets discuss the interview, the clinical test there.
Have a good luck.

Hai Qianxun,

It's true not many ppl talk about UOF,that's because international students prefer 2 or 3 years rather than 4 year program for DDS.Also Green card is a must for applying to this college.That's a major disadvantage as many ppl wouldn't have GC yet.
If you r talking about the certification program for 2 years ,it's a tough decision as u can practice only in the state of FL.
If u have applied for DDS there u must be a GC holder.U also must be called for interview if i'm not wrong.
Good luck
Gorur

gorur said:
Hai Qianxun,

It's true not many ppl talk about UOF,that's because international students prefer 2 or 3 years rather than 4 year program for DDS.Also Green card is a must for applying to this college.That's a major disadvantage as many ppl wouldn't have GC yet.
If you r talking about the certification program for 2 years ,it's a tough decision as u can practice only in the state of FL.
If u have applied for DDS there u must be a GC holder.U also must be called for interview if i'm not wrong.
Good luck
Gorur

Thanks, Gorur.
I applied for 4 years DMD international program last month. Mr. Hancock who worked in the admission office of UOF told me there were already 20 applicants already. But there are only 2 position for this program. That is something make me nervous.
Now I am waiting for the interview. And I am not sure what I should prepare for. From their website, it seems clinical exam and written exam are needed in that interview.
Have you ever heard anyone talk about the interview exam of this university?
Thanks very much.
Have a nice day.

Qianxun

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, my name is Rodolfo, Im am going to apply soon for the two year program of Florida.
I have just read that you are about to go to the interview of UF.
Here is a little help for you, I have it from a Foreign Trained Dentists Admission guide I bought last month.
Do you know how many applicants per year are for the two year program ???
I would appreciate all the information you know reagrding this program.
Thank you very much, my e mail is [email protected]

Here is the information for you :

Interview Information and Previously Asked Questions
Student reports suggest that the interview experience at the University of Florida
is somewhat less than favorable. Interviews are commonly conducted in a group
format, last about 30 to 40 minutes long, and are usually conducted with the
candidate?s file open. Below are some of the questions previous foreign trained
dentists sent us to include in our publication for those applicants being
interviewed at the University of Florida:
1. ?Why do you want to attend the University Florida?? *
2. ?If you had a criminal who had committed a heinous crime in your dental
chair, would you treat him/her the same??
3. ?How has being a dentist changed your maturity level??
4. ?Do you think you?ll be able to handle the competition at this school??
5. ?What do you do in your spare time?? *
6. ?How do you relieve stress??
7. ?What was it like studying dentistry in India??*
8. ?Tell us a little bit about your leadership experience?? *
9. ?How did you prepare for the Dental Boards? Why is your Part I score
only 90%??
? Copyright 2004 ? Dr. Aly B. Kanani, ForeignTrainedDentists.com. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction is Illegal.
ForeignTrainedDentists.com
10. ?What was the last book you read??
From the Message Boards
While most prospective students were impressed with Gainesville and the UF
community, the visit to the UF dentistry school left some feeling bitter and
unimpressed (especially among those coming from outside of the state of
Florida). Many foreign dentists contended that their interviews were very
stressful and antagonistic. Some students even suggest that the interviewers
were flat-out rude. Others complained that the school was obviously just
interested in acquiring people with extremely high scores on the Dental Boards
and GPAs to make their school look good. On the other hand, many other
students contended that the admissions staff was friendly to them, and the
interviewing process fun and non-stressful. You?ll have to find out for yourself!
If you?re interested in attending the University of Florida, contact:
Dr. Venita Sposetti
University of Florida
College of Dentistry
P.O. Box 100445
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0445
Phone: 352-392-4866
Email: [email protected]

Hi,Rodolfo' thanks for your nice post. It is really helpful.
I am sorry, I don't know how many students applying for 2 years international dentist program. As I really want to work in other states in the future, I choose the DMD degree program. It is heard that it is more competitive this year compared with last year. Anyway, thanks a lot. Good luck to you.

I got invited to the interview for 2 years program. I am not going to go tho.Already got accepted in 2 schools. I think it is more than enough. Good luck to those who is going.