Anyone applied Loma Linda?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HEYY3405

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just applied and waiting for 2 more recommendations to be submitted.
The deadline is in November. Does anyone know when the interview starts or is anyone notified their interview dates?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my app to LLU on sept 24 and they called on oct 16 to scheduled my interview. My interview is Nov 3rd. I am nervous! This is my first time doing applications for grad school. I am trying to find out what they ask in the interviews so I can be more prepared. Did you get your interview yet?

I submitted my app to LLU on sept 24 and they called on oct 16 to scheduled my interview. My interview is Nov 3rd. I am nervous! This is my first time doing applications for grad school. I am trying to find out what they ask in the interviews so I can be more prepared. Did you get your interview yet?
My interview is Nov 3rd too! I submitted my application in August but I didn't submit all documents till mid-Oct so they scheduled me last week ;( Are you in Loma Linda area? I am in LA and my interview is at 8am!! so early!!haha

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is Nov 3rd too! I submitted my application in August but I didn't submit all documents till mid-Oct so they scheduled me last week ;( Are you in Loma Linda area? I am in LA and my interview is at 8am!! so early!!haha
Hi! Can you let me know how your interview went? What kind of questions did they ask? Any essays or exams afterwards? Thank you! I really appreciate it! =)

I also live in LA and my interview is at 9am haha maybe we will bump into each other!

They emailed me that there is going to be a short essay as well, for the writing assessment part.

Does anyone know if legacy plays at role at Loma Linda? I know they ask you on the supplemental application but just curious to see if others have found out any information about this topic.

I haven't heard anything back from LLU. The last time i asked about 2nd week of november, they said it's being reviewed and should hear something back soon. But it's almost December, i haven't gotten anything yet. =(

Hi all! Hope ya'll are doing well. I am just starting to apply for various OT programs after taking multiple personality assessments exams as well as meeting with several career counselors.

I thought USC was my number one choice but Loma Linda is now my first choice being that the school is centered around Christianity. Anyway, I was curious if anyone can guide me in obtaining observation hours particularly in pediatrics. I haven't started my pre-reqs just yet. I was wondering what ya'll credentials were when applying and if you got accepted.

My undergrad GPA was pretty low: 2.7 and my GRE scores were average Q:148 V: 149 W: 3.5. I am hoping I
that my pre-reqs, volunteer hours and recommendations from my experience in Marketing will maybe compensate for my low GPA and average GRE score.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated!

Congrats to those who got an interview! My application was complete on November 1 and I'm anxiously waiting to hear back. I've read on this forum that people usually hear back a month after their application is complete. Has anyone completed their application around that time and got a call? Thanks in advance for your reply!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! Hope ya'll are doing well. I am just starting to apply for various OT programs after taking multiple personality assessments exams as well as meeting with several career counselors.

I thought USC was my number one choice but Loma Linda is now my first choice being that the school is centered around Christianity. Anyway, I was curious if anyone can guide me in obtaining observation hours particularly in pediatrics. I haven't started my pre-reqs just yet. I was wondering what ya'll credentials were when applying and if you got accepted.

My undergrad GPA was pretty low: 2.7 and my GRE scores were average Q:148 V: 149 W: 3.5. I am hoping I
that my pre-reqs, volunteer hours and recommendations from my experience in Marketing will maybe compensate for my low GPA and average GRE score.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated!

Hi ooyleahcim.. I had similar stats close to yours, grew up in Loma Linda area, am a member of the Seventh-day Adventist church (the church they're affiliated with), and went to two sister schools before applying to LLU. I even took a course at LLU last year. I thought by doing all this, I would be guaranteed acceptance. Unfortunately, the program requires applicants to have a 3.0 gpa. Since they have so many applications, they'll probably not consider anyone below a 3.0. If you really want to attend this school, the best thing to even be considered is improve your GPA to at least a 3.0, and they'll definitely take into consideration how much you improve since your undergrad. Also, you should get A LOT of OT shadowing hours while you're at it. I know they require at least 40 hours, but the more, the better. They receive more than 300 applications, so you want to make yourself stand out :) If you want any more info about LLU (cause I pretty much grew up with this school lol) you can contact me.

Last edited:
Congrats to those who got an interview! My application was complete on November 1 and I'm anxiously waiting to hear back. I've read on this forum that people usually hear back a month after their application is complete. Has anyone completed their application around that time and got a call? Thanks in advance for your reply!
hello Yellowbee. I just had my interview. They're still doing interview until probably next week. They will make the decision around first 2weeks in january. So by January, they should have the final list of applicants who got accepted. Did you have your interview yet?

hello Yellowbee. I just had my interview. They're still doing interview until probably next week. They will make the decision around first 2weeks in january. So by January, they should have the final list of applicants who got accepted. Did you have your interview yet?

I haven't heard anything back from LLU. The last time i asked about 2nd week of november, they said it's being reviewed and should hear something back soon. But it's almost December, i haven't gotten anything yet. =(

Don't worry I just heard back from them today! I submit my application October 28th (just made it)! I was really anxious but I got a call that they want to schedule an interview!

Don't worry I just heard back from them today! I submit my application October 28th (just made it)! I was really anxious but I got a call that they want to schedule an interview!

Thanks BubWey and PANDA310 for taking the time to reply back! I'm relieved they are still scheduling interviews and at the same time nervous. Maybe they are going in the order applications were received? I'll wait a little bit longer and see what happens. Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yellowbee, i asked who they invite for interview. They said practically everyone who qualified. That means, at least GPA of 3.0. So if you have this, they should be calling you any day now. I think next week will be the last week of interview because they will be closed for xmas and new year. I don't think they follow in the order applications were received because i submitted mine way too early and i did not get an interview until last week. Maybe by last name? I don't know, but they said they still have like 50 applicants to interview. Good luck! =)

can someone help me out with some of the question of the interview for llu ? what are some quetions they would ask?

Has anyone heard back about any acceptances? The wait is killing me!

still waiting...its killing me too! lol
When did you submit your application/have your interview? Also do you know around what time frame we should be hearing from them about a decision?

I submitted pretty close to the deadline. I think it was the last week of October. I had my interview the first week of November. I emailed (around first week of December) them to find out when we will be hearing back. She didnt provide me with the time frame and all she said was that we will be hearing back soon. I've read previous posts from last year and it looks like people started hearing back mid-January. I am hoping we will be hearing back by next week too (mid-January) because the wait is killing me! When did you have your interview? have you tried emailing/calling them after the interview?

I submitted pretty close to the deadline. I think it was the last week of October. I had my interview the first week of November. I emailed (around first week of December) them to find out when we will be hearing back. She didnt provide me with the time frame and all she said was that we will be hearing back soon. I've read previous posts from last year and it looks like people started hearing back mid-January. I am hoping we will be hearing back by next week too (mid-January) because the wait is killing me! When did you have your interview? have you tried emailing/calling them after the interview?
I submitted mine on sept 5 and had my interview oct 20. I may try emailing soon but I hate to sound pushy. I'm hoping we hear back soon too. I've been checking the mail like crazy lately!

According to Melinda, faculty had a deliberation on Wednesday. She said to expect a letter or email 2 weeks from that day. It's been killing me all throughout the holidays!! Good luck!!

Thanks for the information BubWey! Wow, that means a week from now!

If you look at your application status online for them you may see a status as of now

I'm not sure where to check online. If you're talking about the Application Summary, all I see is the list of requirements received by the department.

I'm not sure where to check online. If you're talking about the Application Summary, all I see is the list of requirements received by the department.
If you login to where you filled out your app there's a few links like update app, etc and one of them say check app status. It may not have updated for everyone but I know mine did. It's at the very top right when you click check status. Good luck!

Hmm, it looks like mine hasn't been updated yet. I guess I will have to wait and see. Have you been accepted?!?

Mine isn't updated yet :( Anyone who got accepted and their status has been changed??

I don't even see a check status app button or link so maybe mine isn't updated yet either, or I'm just not looking in in the right spot!

I don't even see a check status app button or link so maybe mine isn't updated yet either, or I'm just not looking in in the right spot!
You'll go to the application login menu (however you go about getting there from the main page) and after logging in you'll click on the 4th link down "check application status" then it will bring up the program you applied for and you'll click on "application status" on the bottom right. And from there you'll see a status at the very top if they've changed it. If they haven't it will just show the info you submitted for you application.

I just received my acceptance through e-mail!!!!! Super stoked!!!!

Ahhh! Congrats @mochim that is so exciting! Just got so much more nervous now! haha when did you have your interview??

Ahhh! Congrats @mochim that is so exciting! Just got so much more nervous now! haha when did you have your interview??
Thank you! I had my interview early November. It looks like they are sending out acceptances through e-mail first. My status on the application website did not change until after I clicked on a link that was included in the acceptance e-mail. The link referred me to the same application website which I have been checking periodically since I have submitted my application back in October. As of now, the status has been changed on the website. I would say you should look out for an email first!

Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats to those who got in! And hang in there to those waiting.. I'm also in that category. I had my interview earlier this week (it took a while to get a call) and they said we should hear back in about 2 weeks.

I had my interview in December. I have not received anything yet :(

For those who have been accepted do you mind sharing your stats? And a huge CONGRATS!!!

I didn't get into Loma Linda :(
I'm sorry to hear you didn't get in. I know what that's like.. I didn't get in to a school last year. I hope you don't give up! When did admissions email you? when was your interview?

Don't give up! They wait-listed and then rejected me last year so I worked as a CNA for a year and observed more OT to have more hours before the next app period. I was accepted this time so I feel like they like students who continue to work hard and re-apply. I also found it helpful to apply as early as possible. Last year I applied in the middle of the app period and then this year I applied as soon as the app period opened for each school. I was able to receive earlier interview invites, which helped a lot. Good luck!!!!!!!! :)

I interviewed Nov 1 for LLU and received my acceptance email Jan 13.

Don't give up! They wait-listed and then rejected me last year so I worked as a CNA for a year and observed more OT to have more hours before the next app period. I was accepted this time so I feel like they like students who continue to work hard and re-apply. I also found it helpful to apply as early as possible. Last year I applied in the middle of the app period and then this year I applied as soon as the app period opened for each school. I was able to receive earlier interview invites, which helped a lot. Good luck!!!!!!!! :)

I interviewed Nov 1 for LLU and received my acceptance email Jan 13.
When you were waitlisted last year did they tell you what position you were? And when did you receive the final denial letter?

I was interviewed on the 10th of Jan and I got the acceptance email today! I'm Super excited!!!

Hi I don't receive anything yet.......
I was interviewed around the beginning of Nov.

Hi I don't receive anything yet.......
I was interviewed around the beginning of Nov.

Same here! I had my interview nov 1st and I'm still waiting to hear something.. I don't know if I should email them or keep waiting?

It will be nice if we can create a fb for all those who got accepted for Summer 2014.

Does anyone know when the deadline is to submit your response about whether or not you want to attend?

Does anyone know when the deadline is to submit your response about whether or not you want to attend?
They gave me exactly two weeks to respond. My friend, who was also accepted, was given two weeks as well. However, she was notified of her acceptance few days before I was so her deadline was few days before mine.