Anyone Applying to Howard School of Dentistry??

xoxo313

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've always wanted to go to Howard! anyone else with me?!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied! Do you see they changed their requirement this year? They now want Biochem 1 and 2!!

I'm also applying to HUCD. I am very excited! @nyden I did notice the change in reqs this year as well...

Members don't see this ad :)
No me :( I just got my rejection email yesterday.
The only confusing part is this statement: "We are unable to offer you an interview for the 2012 first year class".
I don't understand the bold part :/

I applied! Do you see they changed their requirement this year? They now want Biochem 1 and 2!!

yeah they did! but i don't think it's a big deal though. i talked with someone in admissions about my prerequisites and she didn't say anything about me not taking bichem 2. so i think it should be ok.

The only confusing part is this statement: "We are unable to offer you an interview for the 2012 first year class".

maybe it means like you haven't been rejected FOREVER lol. Meaning you can reapply next cycle. honestly, i am not too sure if i will get in either. :( don't fret. well, try not to.

someone said that the pre-reqs for BIOCHEM 1/2 is effective for 2014 not 2013.

did you apply the 2012 cycle and JUST got rejected? Or did you apply this june for the 2013 cycle?

I applied this past July for the 2013 entering class. So this email makes absolutely no sense.

I applied too.... but I don't hear anything from them yet..

I heard about that. I've also had someone else tell me that they are going to have us take a Biochem class in the summer at Howard, then take the real biochem class in the fall

Allright, I finally sent them their money order. Now I can cross my fingers and pray.

Members don't see this ad :)
@steppingstone, would you mind sharing your stats.

they cashed my check already and haven't heard anything from them. so quiet lmao

I dont think there would be much action on the apps since it is labor day weekend and the schools probably were chillin out till next week

I received an email from Howard regarding having received my application and fee.

--twiddles thumbs--

Yeahhh.. I still haven't heard anything. I'm getting soooo impatient! :scared:

Do they accept community college courses?

Yes!! I have my interview scheduled for the 29th. :D

I got my interview today too for 29th! See you there good luck!!!

Did you take 6 semester hours of Biochemistry and Anatomy?

I only took 3 hours of each. I'll be sure to verify with the school directly as to whether the new requirement applies to those applying for 2013. Either way, if the school offers me an acceptance, there's plenty of time to take both courses prior to matriculation.

I only took 3 hours of each. I'll be sure to verify with the school directly as to whether the new requirement applies to those applying for 2013. Either way, if the school offers me an acceptance, there's plenty of time to take both courses prior to matriculation.
Ok, yea I did too. What batch were you in and if you remember, when did they email saying they received your application fee?

Ok, yea I did too. What batch were you in and if you remember, when did they email saying they received your application fee?

I submitted my AADSAS on 7/30. On 8/11, they requested the supplemental fee. I didn't receive any other e-mails until the interview invite on 9/7.

"Dear Applicant:

After careful review of you application the Admissions Committee suggests that you take the required 6 credit hours of Human Anatomy from an accredited four year college or university. Upon completion of this prerequisite, please provide us with a copy of your transcript and the Committee will be review your file again.

Sincerely,

The Office of Admissions"

I just got this email...I have a semester of human physiology. I wonder if I should call. If anything, I don't mind having take it next semester I guess.

I just got off the phone with admissions. They told me,

6 hours human anatomy (and having only 3 hours of human anatomy won't affect your interview chances)
3 hours biochem.

if you do get accepted, you must have these courses done by June 1st, 2013.

Just mailed in the money order. Hope i hear something good soon :)

Got mine today! set for the 29th! who is coming with?

hmm!! I wonder how many people will get interviewed on 29th!
I'm so very excited :D!!!

I was 5th or 6th batch, completed mind 8/3 and i think i sent my fee around mid-end of august. Got noticed on the 7th for an interview on 29th.

However, I didn't take 6 semester hours of anatomy? I have five credits, and maybe some of my another class got counted towards it, but I didn't get any email like that.

Well good luck to all of us and hope we can meet next fall as howard D1!!!

God bless you all :)

Hey guys! How did the interview go yesterday?

Hey! It was great! Really straight forward. It was about 25 of us. Being all day together really allowed us to bond... I'm really missing all of the chatter!!

Waiting to interview was nerve-wrecking at times but talking to others really eased the nerves. :)

DC is an amazing city. Anyone interviewing next month should definitely take the time to visit the sites. Best way to tour the city is by bike. There are bike stations everywhere (super cheap). Many landmarks are concentrated around The National Mall, which has a beautiful park setting and Georgetown is about 2 miles away, which is a great shopping/dining neighborhood.

Yes, I am an applicant

Hope to hear good news... I LOVE WASHINGTON DC!!

Howard invite! 10/13 :laugh:

Application mailed 9/14

Same here but I don't have the biochem req. So I was debating on whether to submit the $75 fee. If they require 2 semesters of Biochem that I don't have then how beneficial would it be to send $75? I font want to throw away money if i dont have a chance based on pre-reqs. I didn't realize the change in Reqs

Good luck to all of you guys interviewing! im a D1 right now at Howard, so if you guys have any questions, ill try my best to answer some of them, school permitting of course.

Hey! It was great! Really straight forward. It was about 25 of us. Being all day together really allowed us to bond... I'm really missing all of the chatter!!

Waiting to interview was nerve-wrecking at times but talking to others really eased the nerves. :)

DC is an amazing city. Anyone interviewing next month should definitely take the time to visit the sites. Best way to tour the city is by bike. There are bike stations everywhere (super cheap). Many landmarks are concentrated around The National Mall, which has a beautiful park setting and Georgetown is about 2 miles away, which is a great shopping/dining neighborhood.
Hey if you dnt mind me asking. How was the interview? what were the questions like? how was the whole experience? also how long after you submitted everything including the money order did you hear back from them? Thanx.........sorry i am a nervous rack right now ...just feeling useless just sitting and waiting around.

Do you think non URM have good chances to get interviews at Howard?
I am minority but not considered as URM by the ADA

Can't wait to hear the good news hopefully!! Good luck everyone who had the interview!!
Kinda having a breakdown for couple of days :scared:

Ok, my interview is this Sat..Dec 1st... Kinda nervous!