Anyone Applying to Howard School of Dentistry??

Anyone been waitlisted and heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Do not get me wrong, Howard is a great school in many ways but many things about them are just not right.

In terms of training and education, I am sure they are fine. It is their culture/philosophy that bothers me.

Their blatant and heavy emphasis on race is ridiculous in my opinion. Also they are claiming that the MINIMUM for EACH section of the DAT is an 18. We all know that "minimum" will be selectively enforced.

I can keep going. Again, this isn't to say it is a bad school it's just the elephant in the room that I wanted to address. If given the chance, I would go to it.

Howard is the MOST racially diverse dental school in the nation as of the last several years. Just because you are Black or an URM does NOT give you a ticket in the door. I am a HU grad and Blacks were the minority in my class. Just my 2 cents lol

Do you guys know how many seats are left? and when are they going to send out the next round of interview invitations?

Members don't see this ad :)
it should be sometimes soon I think. The deadline for the deposit to hold your seat has passed. I'm going to HU in the fall and in the fb group theres only about 12 of us so I can't really say how many seats they've filled. either alot of ppl declined or we have an antisocial class and no one wants to join the group lol or they haven't decided yet and paid a deposit to multiple schools

it should be sometimes soon I think. The deadline for the deposit to hold your seat has passed. I'm going to HU in the fall and in the fb group theres only about 12 of us so I can't really say how many seats they've filled. either alot of ppl declined or we have an antisocial class and no one wants to join the group lol or they haven't decided yet and paid a deposit to multiple schools
voting for antisocial

I only took 3 hours of each. I'll be sure to verify with the school directly as to whether the new requirement applies to those applying for 2013. Either way, if the school offers me an acceptance, there's plenty of time to take both courses prior to matriculation.
Did they say you needed to take another 3 hours of anatomy/physiology? I have an interview scheduled for 28 Jan, and only have 3 hours each of anatomy and biochem.

Does anyone know if there is a FB page for the Howard University Dental Class of 2017 yet? If so can you post a link so those of us who have been accepted can join?

I had the same at my interview and I was accepted however I was told to make up those hours this semester.

What is the FB page i think people are trying to join they just cannot find it. I have looked all over the web and FB and I cannot pull it up. Maybe its set to private or something.

Had my interview on 1/28 and received my acceptance yesterday:D

Congrats all! I interviewed Feb 13th, accepted March 8th. Excited for August!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview at Howard on April 5. What should I expect on interview day? and what do you wish you knew before the interview? How did you prepare? Any advice would be appreciated.

go to the interview section on student doctor..it will tell you everything. And there is an essay

Hey guys!
Just received an invitation to interview on May20th!!! super excited!!:D Any useful comments or tips?? super nervous!:scared:

hi
I'm a dental aspirant currently studying dentistry in India ...but wish to study DDS at Howard ...anyone who knows about the procedure for international students to go there ....???
plz help !!!

Hi there,

Just a quick question. Do you must hold a BS or BA degree before you apply to Howard dental school? The reason I asked because I went on the school website, and under the requirements it says that BS or BA is required, I am not sure what it meant. I am going to apply to Howard for 2014 cycle, but currently I don't have a 4 years degree yet, I most take my pre-reqs in a community college. Does this school suit me?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Just a quick question. Do you must hold a BS or BA degree before you apply to Howard dental school? The reason I asked because I went on the school website, and under the requirements it says that BS or BA is required, I am not sure what it meant. I am going to apply to Howard for 2014 cycle, but currently I don't have a 4 years degree yet, I most take my pre-reqs in a community college. Does this school suit me?

Thanks!

I haven't applied there, but usually that means you must have a degree by the matriculation day. In your case that means before the fall of 2014. Most schools don't like pre read done at a community college. Then again, I haven't applied to Howard.

I'm a HUCD D2 and yes they accept comm. college courses.

You have to have a 4 year degree (e.g. BS or BA) before matriculating. So, you could be in the process of finishing it though.