anyone applying to the carribeans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lseo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know going to Med-school in the states is very important, but I wanted to know if anyone out there is also applying to the schools in the carribeans?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm probably applying to ponce.

how many creditable schools are out there?

Members don't see this ad :)
lseo said:
how many creditable schools are out there?

go to valuemd.com for further info.

I have been accepted to AUC and am waiting for a US waitlist before I decide what to do :scared:

wendywellesley said:
i'm probably applying to ponce.

ummm... there is a HUGE difference between PR schools like ponce and the "carribbean" schools. yes, pr is in the carib., but 3 PR schools are accredited by the LCME (no ECFMG certificate) and the fourth is on its way, I hear.

I'm not applying to any Carribbean schools but I was talking to a girl at work the other day and she told me that her boyfriend was going to Ross. I mentioned that it's harder for people graduating from there to get US residencies, and she told me that Ross actually matched the MOST residents of any school in 2004. I really don't think that is correct, but I didn't want to argue so I just changed the subject.

Ylime, it might be correct because Ross class size is somewhere around 450 people...which is over 4 times as many as any us med school.

which is why I'd never go to the caribbean..apart from the whole THIRD WORLD thing.

Ylime said:
I'm not applying to any Carribbean schools but I was talking to a girl at work the other day and she told me that her boyfriend was going to Ross. I mentioned that it's harder for people graduating from there to get US residencies, and she told me that Ross actually matched the MOST residents of any school in 2004. I really don't think that is correct, but I didn't want to argue so I just changed the subject.

That's true. They feel more residencies because they accept more students. Let’s not kid anyone. It is very easy to get into ROSS. I've never heard of anyone getting rejected. However, I think the ratio of the students that get accepted to Ross, as opposed to the students that actually finish, is quite low.