Anyone else checking app statuses everyday, without status emails?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

About28

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been complete since about 8/8, but I'm already checking statuses on the websites nearly everyday. Anybody else doing that? Any ideas on how to get your mind off it? Because reasonably, I shouldn't be expecting much more by way of IIs until early/mid september, right?

Members don't see this ad.

I mean, whether or not you check the status, you'll get the email about an interview... So there's really no use in checking statuses except to feed neuroticism

I found out about two of my interviews before the email by checking. But I'd hardly say it is necessary. Read a book or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out about two of my interviews before the email by checking. But I'd hardly say it is necessary. Read a book or something.

Yeah, you can find out a few hours/days earlier, but you'll still get the email!

Yeah, you can find out a few hours/days earlier, but you'll still get the email!
Yeah and it honestly is way less exciting. I just happened to check since I hadn't looked for a couple weeks. I'd definitely say my experience is the exception and not the rule!

2 books going and a full time job haha somehow I find time

Reactions: 1 user
I don't check statuses that often. But I definitely check my emails daily.
I think it's a normal reaction because everyone I talk to seems to be doing the same.
Thank goodness I work. It's the only thing keeping me sane.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't forget to check your spam box periodically.

I wouldn't worry unless you're checking more than 1x daily

Read the Harry Potter series :) "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." - J.K. Rowling