Anyone else get a super crappy TPR diagnostic verbal score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeyLime

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anybody else experience getting a terrible TPR diagnostic verbal score? I was expecting ugly scores in PS and BS, but not verbal. I took the test last April and actually did well in verbal without having to study much. My AAMC tests before the real thing ranged from 9-11...so what's the deal with me getting a 5 on TPR???
Do they just make the test way too hard to freak us out, or should I be really worried that I lost some of my skills?
I was hoping this class would help me with my science scores, and even a couple more points on verbal, but now I'm scared my verbal score is going to suffer.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, the diagnostics are there to scare you. I got a similar score with the TPR diag. But you already took the MCAT once? You shouldn't worry about your verbal score going down.

Keep in mind that the Princeton Review's refund is this: If you score WORSE on the actual MCAT than you did on your first diagnostic, you can take the course for free. They have a vested interest in making the first diagnostic extremely difficult.

Notdeadyet,

I know the diag is supposed to be really tough, but a 5 is really bad compared to where I was before. I just wanted to know if anybody else had that much of a drop in their scores because I'm feeling really down about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
my diag was pretty terrible.. i got an 2 and i felt like vomitting--

to make it worse, i've been doing the prereadings before class for the PS, BS, and Verbal to be prepared and have finished all of my homework on time, and when we go over subjects in class it makes sense.. HOWEVER, when we do passages in class i get absolutely KILLED.. i dont know what gives in this class, its so depressing because we'll do a passage with 7 questions and i'll get like 2 questions right-- and thats because i just GUESSED correctly.. i hope this TPR thing pans out, but as it looks, im getting destroyed

chuckcamp said:
my diag was pretty terrible.. i got an 2 and i felt like vomitting--

to make it worse, i've been doing the prereadings before class for the PS, BS, and Verbal to be prepared and have finished all of my homework on time, and when we go over subjects in class it makes sense.. HOWEVER, when we do passages in class i get absolutely KILLED.. i dont know what gives in this class, its so depressing because we'll do a passage with 7 questions and i'll get like 2 questions right-- and thats because i just GUESSED correctly.. i hope this TPR thing pans out, but as it looks, im getting destroyed

Ins't part of the course designed to help students understand the passages/questions better? That is what I thought I read so perhaps when they get to that it will help you out a lot. Anyway, good luck to you! :)

For a self esteem boost, consider taking the Kaplan diagnostic, which while still being a free diagnostic is considerably easier.

And then don't worry about it. If you put in the time, you will score well!

Hey chuck,
I am really starting to hate TPR. My class doesn't seem to teach anything except the material. It doesn't seem to teach how to attack the passages.