Anyone else getting rocked by Khan Physical Science passages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GCSDOC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How you guys doing on Khan Physical Science passages? I just started them and getting destroyed, they seem way more difficult than any old AAMC PS passage I have seen.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, their physical sciences passage questions and most of their passages in general seem a lot more convoluted then the official AAMC practice test. Plus, the non-passage based questions seemed more specific and less general.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing though because come test day the real thing will seem easier.

El Cuandero

I find them pretty good. A little different from Kaplan passages. The more practice the better I guess lol

Yeah, their physical sciences passage questions and most of their passages in general seem a lot more convoluted then the official AAMC practice test. Plus, the non-passage based questions seemed more specific and less general.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing though because come test day the real thing will seem easier.

El Cuandero
Where are their non-passage based questions for each section located? I can't find them but have seen others discuss them on SDN, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel that the types of skillsets you'll be tested on are pretty similar between khan and the amcas practice test and official question guide questions.

The new mcat PS section is nothing like the old mcat PS section. The old mcat PS section were the same old concepts in disguise. As such, you were able to answer the questions without even reading the passage after much practice. The new mcat PS section will throw alot of new information at you in order to test scientific inquiry and critical thinking skills. It is highly probable that they'll throw a convoluted passage at you either in the PS section, or in the Bio section. As such, getting used to reading and analyzing convoluted passages will do you much good.