Program-Specific Info / Q's Anyone heard from UW-Madison yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hawkeyeboots

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since the deadline has officially passed for applications, I was just curious when the school will start notifying applicants about acceptance/rejection. Anyone hear from UW-Madison yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard back earlier November and was accepted and another girl from my undergrad with similar stats was also accepted. I heard through email and then was sent a formal letter. I won't be attending and I'm not sure if she will be either so they'll likely be sending more acceptances out in December-January I'd imagine. They do take more Wisconsin students from what I've noticed, good luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your acceptance! You have great stats. My grades and GRE scores are similar to yours but I don't have nearly as much volunteer experience. :( I'm so nervous that I haven't heard anything yet.

I Know someone that got their acceptance to UW today...I still haven't heard anything and I'm starting to get worried. :/

Has anyone heard back from UW-Madison? I was wait listed there and am keeping my fingers crossed that I get in! I was just curious if anyone who got in to UW-Madison has decided not to go there or has taken their name off of the wait list. I am just curious how realistic my chances of getting in are!

Has anyone heard back from UW-Madison? I was wait listed there and am keeping my fingers crossed that I get in! I was just curious if anyone who got in to UW-Madison has decided not to go there or has taken their name off of the wait list. I am just curious how realistic my chances of getting in are!

I was on the waitlist, and then I was accepted last Thursday. They gave me a deadline of May 6th to accept the offer. I have already declined, as I am attending another school. Good luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
I was on the waitlist, and then I was accepted last Thursday. They gave me a deadline of May 6th to accept the offer. I have already declined, as I am attending another school. Good luck to you!
Thank you, I really hope I get accepted. I haven't heard anything yet, but I contacted someone from admissions awhile back and they said I had a strong position on the wait list. I am keeping my fingers crossed! Do you remember when you sent them an email declining their offer? Also, congrats on your acceptances! Where are you planning on going?

Thank you, I really hope I get accepted. I haven't heard anything yet, but I contacted someone from admissions awhile back and they said I had a strong position on the wait list. I am keeping my fingers crossed! Do you remember when you sent them an email declining their offer? Also, congrats on your acceptances! Where are you planning on going?

I emailed them to decline on 4/18 or 4/19. And thanks! I will be attending the University of Washington, since I get in-state tuition there.