Anyone know what happened to the pathology blawg website?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WEBB PINKERTON

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't been able to bring it up for a long time. Is it down?

Members don't see this ad.

I figured it was either Theranos or some urologist group that took it down.

Members don't see this ad :)
I bet he was threatened with a lawsuit.

Reactions: 1 user
He sure disappeared fast. Wouldn't be surprised if Thombus is correct. Since he monitors Student Doctor Network, maybe he can tell us what happened.

It was nice to see a website that exposed what is going on in our field. People considering going into pathology really need to see the stories he posted. It sucks if the site doesn't come back.

I am guessing hackers.
I have seen more small enterprises being hacked and disrupted in the last year.
Isis-extremists hacked my friends personal web page just last week to put up their propaganda.

It would suck if threats keep "A" from speaking to the community. I look in my box every morning for his articles.
If I don't see one for a week I worry "A" is ill.

I doubt Thernos would waste any time here. Too small an audience.
They are getting clobbered from all sides in the media.
I hope they have a ton of cash or they are toast.

I don't get why so many people here have such a hard on for Theranos. It's been played, so played. Must be their CEO...

Last edited:
From Lab Econ:

"Due to a combination of personal, professional and legal issues related to operating the Blawg, I made the very difficult decision to stop operating the site."

Wow, that stinks. Guess now we all have to go back to Dark Report/Daily....

Thank you Pathology Blawg guy for operating that site. It did a great job of shining a light on our corrupt field.

Free speech getting crushed by the law and money.
im_shocked.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, sounds like someone sued him for something and it just wasn't worth the legal fees to fight it. Could have been any number of people who got called out on that site. I'll miss it.

I only read a fraction of his posts but he wasn't claiming to do journalism and only reposted articles from legitimate sources. He clearly stated when he was expressing his opinion. He couldn't have been sued. It probably just became too time consuming.

Maybe the "Dark Daily" didn't like the competition from a free publication? Who knows? Like the above poster says -- free speech, especially effective free speech that exposes truth, is to be feared and eliminated by the forces that be!

Wall Street Journal is pretty good about reporting on lab medicine. Just in the last few years, there have been articles about in-office labs, 21st century oncology and Theranos.

I bet the pathologyblawg website was too time consuming and that was the major reason why he quit. Or he could have realized that lab medicine is "chinatown" and it's better to just turn away.

I will definitely miss his/her insight. Really talked about a lot of interesting things that you don't find great info elsewhere, and had a knack for finding interesting things too. Would make a great reporter, maybe someone hired him/her.

I feel like we need to play "Taps". What a loss for our community. I wish the author nothing but the best - clearly a multi-talented individual.

Best website pathology had. Always current and informative. Made cap,ascp...etc. look like chumps.

Best website pathology had. Always current and informative. Made cap,ascp...etc. look like chumps.
Maybe the ASCP, CAP and ABP took him down? We need our pathology "news" to be "mainstream" by the powers that be.

Found this in one of my email accounts. Dated 12/15/2015.

A Note from the Editor

Most of you have probably noticed you are no longer getting updates from The Pathology Blawg—and that pathologyblawg.com is down. I’m sorry it has taken me so long to let you know why, but some details had to be worked out first.

After almost four years of operating the blawg, I made the very difficult decision to take a break. Practicing pathology full time plus researching and writing content for a blawg post several days a week plus devoting time to my family has taken its toll. And I would be remiss if I neglected to mention there have been a few legal challenges along the way that played a part in my decision as well.

But all is not lost. Even though the blawg is going away for a while, the webinars are not. Leslie Davidson, who for the last three years has almost single-handedly produced The Pathology Blawg webinars, is still going to offer them. Under her new company, aptly named Pathology Webinars, Inc., she will continue to find essential topics for laboratories and pathologists along with expert speakers who can talk about them intelligently.

PathologyWebinars.com is still a work in progress, but Leslie’s new email address—[email protected]—is up and running. Please whitelist this address so you don’t miss announcements of upcoming webinars, including a January session by Thomas Force on ERISA protections that was one of our most popular webinars of 2015. And if you have suggestions for topics or speakers that you think would make for great webinars, be sure to let her know. I know she would love to hear from you.

I can’t tell you how much I’ve appreciated your support over the years. Without you, there wouldn’t have been a Pathology Blawg, and I thank you for giving me this incredible opportunity.

Until we meet again,

Adam