Anyone not scoring AAMC 7 & 8 before Aug.20???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scrub MD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about taking 7 & 8 this weekend and early next week and going over them but not getting my score until after Aug.20. That way if it is a 25, it wont be a blow to my confidence. But if they are good, I could use the boost. Anyone thinking the same???

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't score it, how will you know what areas to focus on though?

scoring them will help you guage exactly where you are, they are the best indicators of your strength and weaknesses...i say score them

I have a friend who's broke that refuses to open his credit card bills and statements when they arrive. I never understand him. He says he'd rather not hear bad news. This is just my opinion, but that might not hurt you, but it definately won't help you. I'd grade them if I were you, unless of course you're a really really really emotional person and couldn't deal with a little setback.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not scoring them and going over your weak areas is probably going to keep your score exactly the same as the real thing. Going over them and realizing your mistakes and reviewing any trouble areas just might give you an extra point or two.

in the past i've corrected the tests to see what i got wrong, but i made it a point not to count how many i got wrong, not to calculate my raw score, and not to look at the conversion chart. that way you can see what you got wrong and study those. just a thought.

I'm doing the same, but scoring them. jintonic has a great idea there. i did that on some of the EK passages.

Score them....I couldn't bear to work so hard through a practice and not score them. You will evetually want to know how you did and checking what you got on those tests after the MCAT is pointless. And if for some reason you didn't do as well on the practices and you see the scores while waiting for your real mcat score, that would make you extra nervous while you wait for 2 months. Plus finding your weak spots might help you touch up on a couple of concepts you didn't do so well in in preparation for the real deal. Good luck!