Anyone tell me how to request NBDE score report from ADA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vitapex

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows how to request NBDE score report from ADA? Is mail the only way to do that? What shall I include in the mail? How long will it cost for the score reports to arrive the schools? Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone knows how to request NBDE score report from ADA? Is mail the only way to do that? What shall I include in the mail? How long will it cost for the score reports to arrive the schools? Thank you very much!

You can place a request online as well. This works for both NBDE-1 and NBDE-2

Go to this link. Enter your DENTPIN logon information and fill the basic steps.
https://www.ada.org/1635.aspx
On 1st page after logon - if you are a Foreign trained dentist - select "Dentist (graduate of a non-accredited Dental School)"
On 2nd page - enter your foreign / Non-accredited Dental School Information
On 3rd page - Verify your personal info.
On 4th page - If you don;t want your score reports to be send to any State Dental Boards then just leave them blank. hit Continue
Enter the Univ name, address on 5th page where you want to send your score report to. Confrim on 6th page. Pay with credit card and send on the 7th page.
Done.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thank y for help...I‘d like to apply for international dental program. Shall I still use the link for requesting reports?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank y for help...I‘d like to apply for international dental program. Shall I still use the link for requesting reports?

Yes. Using the link you can send a copy of the report to any of the following:
1. Yourself
2. State boards
3. Dental Schools - for International Dental Programs (IDP) and other programs

You can send to multiple schools at the same time as well. I am not sure on the limit.

I am applying for IDP and I used the same method.

1. Yourself
2. State boards

You can send to multiple schools at the same time as well. I am not sure on the limit.

I just made changes to my original reply - with page by page description. Please check again.

Thank you sooooo much! You master the application very well. Have you finished your application? I am so worry about my application... I don't have enough time to get the materials prepared before the deadline of some schools. :-(

Thank you sooooo much! You master the application very well. Have you finished your application? I am so worry about my application... I don't have enough time to get the materials prepared before the deadline of some schools. :-(

Thanks! Well, nothing of that sort. It's just because I used it so many times.

I finished the CAAPID app but I am still slowly progressing on individual supplemental applications. Each Univ has a weird requirement. I wish they all could just use one central app.

I can understand what you are going through. Wish you good luck.

Can i request ada score report before submitting caapid application? what happens if the score report reaches before my application and other reports?

Sure you can. They are not related. If the score report reaches before your CAAPID app then my assumption is that they will keep it in your supplemental documents file. Since different reports are being sent from different agencies, I am sure they all don't reach at the same time.
Don't send anything before the application cycle for that school starts though - this is for universities that don't participate in CAAPID.

And don't send for universities that are looking for official reports (sealed) but not direclty sent. They instruct you to send them along with your application material in one packet.

For instance I called UCSF and they said they don't want TOEFL report to come direclty from ETS. They still want official sealed copy. So I ordered one copy for myself. Now I will send the sealed envelope along with other application material.

Hope that helps.

Oops i ordered toefl report for UCSF. What do i do now?

If it is not too long since you ordered, you can call them and cancel it or change the address to your home address so you can send them directly. They usually take 4-5 days after you place the order.

Its not your fault. Univ should post this information on their website.

What materials shall I provide to the CAAPID? I haven't got my PS prepared yet? Can I start the CAAPID application first?

Besides, some schools need the letters of recommendation submitted to CAAPID, but others which also use CAAPID need the letters to be sent in a package with other required documents. I've got confused. What materails provided to CAAPID will be shared by schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
What materials shall I provide to the CAAPID? I haven't got my PS prepared yet? Can I start the CAAPID application first?

Besides, some schools need the letters of recommendation submitted to CAAPID, but others which also use CAAPID need the letters to be sent in a package with other required documents. I've got confused. What materails provided to CAAPID will be shared by schools?

PS needs to be typed/copied in CAAPID form. You can start your CAAPID application but nothing will happen of it until you finish PS in it and then submit it. You won't be able to make any changes (other than TOEFL, NBDE scores) after your submit it. As far as documents, refer to ADA website for list, thing that i remmeber on top of my head are: Application Fee (you can pay elcetronically), Letter of Reco's (3) with forms, ECE report with Form. Again refer to the website.

Some schools are asking Reco's in addition to what you submit to CAAPID. You have to get two sets. They can be of same professors. I mean you have to get two copies of each reco from a professor. Submit one copy to CAAPID and another to the univ direclty. Do this for 3 profs.
CAAPID all materials you provide to the schools but some univ's are weird; they need their own copies. why?..I have no clue.

Oh! Do you mean CAAPID only accept paperwork of the letters of reco, not online submit? How many times do my refers have to send their letters to CAAPID? One in total or one for each school?

Oh! Do you mean CAAPID only accept paperwork of the letters of reco, not online submit? How many times do my refers have to send their letters to CAAPID? One in total or one for each school?

CAAPID accepts online submission for Letter of Reco. I wrote above just in case if you have your Letter of Reco's are in paper format. Electronic is even better.

You have to request another copy from them for individual univ which is looking for additional copy of LORs. They may have to mail the letters to each univ direclty or to you (in a sealed envelope) or electronic submission to the Univ - this depends on what requirements does the univ have.

HEy does this really work?? i mean i was filling up this ..when someone told me that only paper mail would work ..and when i reached this "state boards" page i got confused... coz one guy told me that state boards thing doesnt work so you have to paper mail them...so i closed the process mid way ... so what you say i should just skip the step and fill out universities on next page??? i mean i didnt even check the next page...

On 1st page after logon - if you are a Foreign trained dentist - select "Dentist (graduate of a non-accredited Dental School)"
On 4th page - If you don;t want your score reports to be send to any State Dental Boards then just leave them blank. hit Continue
Enter the Univ name, address on 5th page where you want to send your score report to. Confrim on 6th page. Pay with credit card and send on the 7th page.
Done.
Hope this helps!

Can you please tell me how to order a NBDE score report on my own address.I dont see any option of sending a report to myself in these steps:thumbdown:...please help i have tried like a million timessssssss now...:(((

Done.
Hope this helps!

ANOTHER DOUBT PEOPLE.............Please help!!!

I am not able to figure out when we request for an electronic NBDE score report does that include marks of both part 1 & 2 or do we have to submit another request and 25$ for part 2 scores seperately. :scared::scared::scared:

Hey dingash..i didnt read this anywhere what you said..may be i missed ..but this is what is written there.am gonna copy paste here..
"5. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Submit original official
TOEFL score taken within two years of the application deadline. A score of 95 or higher
(internet based), 587 or higher (paper based), 240 or higher (computer based) is required.
Anything lower than the minimum requirements will not be considered.

and then the last line is
"1
Original Official Document
z a document sent directly from the source (dental school, ADA, ECE, NBDE, TOEFL) to UCSF School of Dentistry - OR -
zz aa document provided to you by the source in a sealed envelope document provided to you by the source in a sealed envelope
"
so it can be either/or .. still you know better...tell me if i am wrong...
Sure you can. They are not related. If the score report reaches before your CAAPID app then my assumption is that they will keep it in your supplemental documents file. Since different reports are being sent from different agencies, I am sure they all don't reach at the same time.
Don't send anything before the application cycle for that school starts though - this is for universities that don't participate in CAAPID.

And don't send for universities that are looking for official reports (sealed) but not direclty sent. They instruct you to send them along with your application material in one packet.

For instance I called UCSF and they said they don't want TOEFL report to come direclty from ETS. They still want official sealed copy. So I ordered one copy for myself. Now I will send the sealed envelope along with other application material.

Hope that helps.

Can you please tell me how to order a NBDE score report on my own address.I dont see any option of sending a report to myself in these steps:thumbdown:...please help i have tried like a million timessssssss now...:(((

For sending it to yourself -- On Page 5...for "Entity Name" - enter your Name. And address in following fields.
I just called them reconfirmed it.

Also, for bhavi4all , I also confirmed that they send to foreign address as well, including India...same cost...however, the agent did mention that they are not sure how long it will take to get there..

ANOTHER DOUBT PEOPLE.............Please help!!!

I am not able to figure out when we request for an electronic NBDE score report does that include marks of both part 1 & 2 or do we have to submit another request and 25$ for part 2 scores seperately. :scared::scared::scared:

If you have given Part-2 already and your scores are out...then they will send both part-1 and part-2 in one report. You don;t have to order separately.

Hey dingash..i didnt read this anywhere what you said..may be i missed ..but this is what is written there.am gonna copy paste here..
"5. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Submit original official
TOEFL score taken within two years of the application deadline. A score of 95 or higher
(internet based), 587 or higher (paper based), 240 or higher (computer based) is required.
Anything lower than the minimum requirements will not be considered.
and then the last line is
"1
Original Official Document
z a document sent directly from the source (dental school, ADA, ECE, NBDE, TOEFL) to UCSF School of Dentistry - OR -
zz aa document provided to you by the source in a sealed envelope document provided to you by the source in a sealed envelope "
so it can be either/or .. still you know better...tell me if i am wrong...

That is absolutely correct...and thats the reason I ordered my NBDE score report directly from ADA...but only when I was about to order TOEFL...and i was looking for the code...which I didn;t find...I called Ms. Mary Pham..and she said that they didn't want the reports to come out directly ..and thats why they took out the TOEFL code...she said that they 'prefer' them coming in sealed envelopes from the applicants...this applies to NBDE, TOEFL and ECE reports..
I explained her that i already ordered NBDE...she said they don't mind..as long as it reaches them...so I'll wait and see what happens with that...

Now, for TOEFL...dont do that...because if you search UCSF without the right code (which we don;t know)...you may end up selecting wrong UCSF address there...there are multiple UCSF addresses out there...and you will waste $17.

This happened to me while sending my TOEFL report to VCU. I used search by department option...and sent it to "Virginia commonwealth Univ dental department"...which never reached them...when i called them..they gave me the code (not on their website)...and then i searched by code..and it came out to be "School of Dentistry -VCU" --- So i learned the lesson hard way...to always use the code.

HEy does this really work?? i mean i was filling up this ..when someone told me that only paper mail would work ..and when i reached this "state boards" page i got confused... coz one guy told me that state boards thing doesnt work so you have to paper mail them...so i closed the process mid way ... so what you say i should just skip the step and fill out universities on next page??? i mean i didnt even check the next page...

I just got a confirmation from U Penn that they did recieve my Official NBDE score report - which i submitted online using the procedure mentioned above. - So as far as I am concerned...it does work.

Thank you so much DINGASH...but the thing is ,i tried doing what you are saying ,but in the space where you have to mention your STATE, only american states come in the scroll down list.So u cant choose an indian state(and this a REQUIRED information).U cnt proceed further without selecting an American state.

So,i guess the only way is the pdf request :((

For sending it to yourself -- On Page 5...for "Entity Name" - enter your Name. And address in following fields.
I just called them reconfirmed it.

Also, for bhavi4all , I also confirmed that they send to foreign address as well, including India...same cost...however, the agent did mention that they are not sure how long it will take to get there..

Thank you so much DINGASH...but the thing is ,i tried doing what you are saying ,but in the space where you have to mention your STATE, only american states come in the scroll down list.So u cant choose an indian state(and this a REQUIRED information).U cnt proceed further without selecting an American state.

So,i guess the only way is the pdf request :((

Oh yeah...that is correct. that limits from using the online form for International address. I verified what you said. Sorry about that..PDF seems to be the only way.
Check your personal message box

Well that thing happened to me in caapid too ...only american states were the option... but i called caapid..they said select no state.... and just write your city in the city column...but i added my indian state just after the city in city column ... in caapid's "background info" and personal info only america states were the option..and i did what i said .. but i dont know whether this works for ada... i am just saying ..
Oh yeah...that is correct. that limits from using the online form for International address. I verified what you said. Sorry about that..PDF seems to be the only way.
Check your personal message box

Hey thanks dingash for answering all the queries.. here and everywhere :) you are great.... i ll keep bugging you up if i need more info , coz when it comes to official work am quite dumb ... so in that sense you are an angel !!! :) my good wishes with you ...
I just got a confirmation from U Penn that they did recieve my Official NBDE score report - which i submitted online using the procedure mentioned above. - So as far as I am concerned...it does work.

Hey thanks dingash for answering all the queries.. here and everywhere :) you are great.... i ll keep bugging you up if i need more info , coz when it comes to official work am quite dumb ... so in that sense you are an angel !!! :) my good wishes with you ...

No worries at all..whatever help I can be of. Good wishes to you as well.

Hi I ordered a report following your instruction. But the confirmation letter sent to my email box does not include the university will I request the report to be sent to. Just like this:

Your NBDE Official Score Report Request has been received.
Your request ID number is XXXXXXXX.

You have selected the following boards(s) to receive your test scores:

Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations
800-232-1694
American Dental Association | 211 E. Chicago Ave. | Suite 600 |
Chicago, IL 60611

This e-mail was automatically generated. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND!

I am not sure if I have done the right thing.....

Besides, when I try to order another report, the page says duplicated transaction. Now I can't order another report. Did this happen to you too?

Hi I ordered a report following your instruction. But the confirmation letter sent to my email box does not include the university will I request the report to be sent to. Just like this:

Your NBDE Official Score Report Request has been received.
Your request ID number is XXXXXXXX.

You have selected the following boards(s) to receive your test scores:

Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations
800-232-1694
American Dental Association | 211 E. Chicago Ave. | Suite 600 |
Chicago, IL 60611

This e-mail was automatically generated. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND!

I am not sure if I have done the right thing.....

You did it right. Unfortunately, the confirmation page and the confirmation email does not give any detail where the report was sent to. I usually make a note of it for my records - to which univ that request ID is for .

Its the same even if you request it for your own home address, US or Foreign.

Coolgal
Did you come across the same problem?

How long do i have to wait to do a next request?

I haven't done twice in a row on a day but I haven't seen any note where it should prevent from placing another request just right after. I think you can do as many. Try it.

You can place three univs in one request.

I can request another report after I restart my computer.... Maybe I should log-out and log-in again. But I cannot find any "log-out" button.

How long did it take for the score report to arrive your home, both the NBDE and IBT?

How long does it take to receive a copy inside the US after you request it online?

They say it takes 3weeks to send a copy from the date of request received.I am also awaiting my copy.Only one and a half week has passed for me.Please inform when you get yours.

How long does it take to receive a copy inside the US after you request it online?

I haven't received yet. It has been two weeks...... How many copies did you required to be sent to you?

Please update how long it takes to receive the report if any one of u have received it already .

Please update how long it takes to receive the report if any one of u have received it already .

Hey! When did you send the request to ADA? Do you know is it possible to follow up the status?

They say it takes 3weeks to send a copy from the date of request received.I am also awaiting my copy.Only one and a half week has passed for me.Please inform when you get yours.

Hi, how did you request the copy? By mail or online?

Hi I requested an additional nbde part 1 score report electronically but unfortunately I did not get confirmation letter.Did any body have any similar experience

1. Yourself
2. State boards

while requesting an additional copy, there is a mandatory field that asks for "organization name' and that made me question if I can request an additional copy to be sent to my current residential address or isit strictly used to send scores to colleges only?