Anyway to improve my high school GPA?

Future Emergency Doctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughout my high school career I've been very lazy and I did not have the will to continue with school in between my sophomore year. Things weren't right so as s result I dropped out. I then went back to school in between my junior year. My GPA suffered greatly because I did not have a will to continue with school. Now for the past year I have done very well in school and have reached A's, B's, & C's. I have received D's & F's in the past. If I retake the classes that I had D's in and F's in, will that improve my GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Thoughout my high school career I've been very lazy and I did not have the will to continue with school in between my sophomore year. Things weren't right so as s result I dropped out. I then went back to school in between my junior year. My GPA suffered greatly because I did not have a will to continue with school. Now for the past year I have done very well in school and have reached A's, B's, & C's. I have received D's & F's in the past. If I retake the classes that I had D's in and F's in, will that improve my GPA?

I'm not totally sure what your school's policy on retaking courses is, but if you could, I would recommend retaking all D/F work. Be prepared to graduate late though. Also, C's are not something to strive for. I can't answer your question because every school has a different policy. Some schools may do grade replacement, some may average, and some may not incorporate it into the GPA, but still include it on the transcript. Also, if you want to go to med school, being lazy is NOT an option. You really have to commit. Now I have a math test to study for. Have a good night.

I wish you good luck,

Sincerely,

ComputerGuy365

If I retake the classes that I had D's in and F's in, will that improve my GPA?

Yes.

One of my good friends failed 4 classes, never saw an AP class, never received an award for academics, made a 17 on his ACT and had a 2.3 GPA. That said, my friend is starting college in August. Point is, don't freak out to much about high school. You can very well get into college, assuming that's why you want to get your high school GPA up. You might not get much financial aid or get into the best universities, but oh well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not totally sure what your school's policy on retaking courses is, but if you could, I would recommend retaking all D/F work. Be prepared to graduate late though. Also, C's are not something to strive for. I can't answer your question because every school has a different policy. Some schools may do grade replacement, some may average, and some may not incorporate it into the GPA, but still include it on the transcript. Also, if you want to go to med school, being lazy is NOT an option. You really have to commit. Now I have a math test to study for. Have a good night.

I wish you good luck,

Sincerely,

ComputerGuy365

Math tests this late in the year? Danggggg

I wouldn't worry too much about your grades right now. Try to graduate as soon as youre able. Afterwards, apply to a community college that transfers well into your state unoversity and some unis if you want. Whatever you did in high school wont matter when applying to medical school.

I wouldn't worry too much about your grades right now. Try to graduate as soon as youre able. Afterwards, apply to a community college that transfers well into your state unoversity and some unis if you want. Whatever you did in high school wont matter when applying to medical school.
As a plan b, if I don't get accepted to medical should I major in criminal justice? I want be an FBI agent medical school if medical school doesn't work out.

@Future Emergency Doctor you can major in anything while in college and still get into medical school. If Criminal Justice interests you then you should major in it. Just make sure to take the science and math pre reqs and do well on MCAT.

Choose whatever major you like most! It'd be easier if there were some overlap in premed reqs and your required classes but it isn't a huge deal. I have a friend that is majoring in Paper Science and is also a premed