appleton & lange outline review for step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDgonnabe

your royal travesty
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i bought a 4th edition copy. seems pretty good, yet it got horrible reviews on amazon.com. what gives???

other review books i'll be going through before usmleworld time will be:

first aid for step 2
secrets for step 2
boards and wards
and prescription for the boards (if i have time)

will take both cs and ck in oct. i did horribly on step 1. hoping to make up for it this time. thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same position as you and am taking Step 2 on October 3rd. It seems as though you are using a lot of books though. You may want to consider narrowing your choices to just one or two review texts.

community said:
I am in the same position as you and am taking Step 2 on October 3rd. It seems as though you are using a lot of books though. You may want to consider narrowing your choices to just one or two review texts.

yeah, i was thinking the same. most people seem to rely on just 2-3 sources. my problem is i'm never happy with a single source. each of the above texts presents things that the other texts don't cover. if only i knew which books were most high yield i could memorize those facts early on.

btw, i'm taking cs on the 3rd. ck on the 20th. fun times ahead in october! :)