Application Fees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

The Wop

When I send my application fee to a school do I mail it directly to the dental school, or is there usually a specific address for payment? Also, should I enclose a letter asking them to accept the check as payment, or can I just send the check solo?

It's kind of frustrating that not all schools send emails about payment and only a couple schools accept payment online.

Someone please give me some advice here.

Members don't see this ad.

The Wop said:
When I send my application fee to a school do I mail it directly to the dental school, or is there usually a specific address for payment? Also, should I enclose a letter asking them to accept the check as payment, or can I just send the check solo?

It's kind of frustrating that not all schools send emails about payment and only a couple schools accept payment online.

Someone please give me some advice here.

Look on the school's website or AADSAS's supplemental instructions for the addresses to send payment. Including a short letter explaining what is included would be nice but not required. I didn't include a letter, just a check in the mail with my AADSAS ID on the memo line.

If the school doesnt have a secondary application that accompanies payment, I just type a separate page with the date, my name, check number, payment amount and AADSAS ID # and fold the check within. That way potential mail thieves are less likely to know there is a check in there.