Application Thread (2008) - Class of 2010/2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
87 is good enough for new format!!

But will the dental school treat scores of old and new format without any bias?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
yess...they will consider the new format..as far as i know...
did u have this information from any reliable source or just.......... guessingu wrote yess for redoing???

my stat is
part1/2 -92/82
toefl 87
gpa 3.48
work experience of 4 years in india
work experience of 6 months in us
i am on f1 visa
i have not yet applied to any school
can anybody tell me in which school should i apply and what are my chances.

hi emma
my stats are 93/78
and i was wondering tht how can we cover up for our low part 2 score. i have already sent my applications with part 1 score
shud i report part2 or let it be
isnt is considered an advantage that we have atleast taken the exam n cleared it?
whereas other applicants have not even taken it..
pls do reply

Got my score back...
NB I/II score: 97(old format)/76
ECE GPA: 3.21
TOEFL: 101
Work ex: 3 years at home/4 years in US
Re/fresh applicant: fresh
School interested in: have not applied yet.
BU, UIC, Upenn...what else that needs part1 only:(

my stat is
part1/2 -92/82
toefl 87
gpa 3.48
work experience of 4 years in india
work experience of 6 months in us
i am on f1 visa
i have not yet applied to any school
can anybody tell me in which school should i apply and what are my chances.
big chances

hi dentokid,

do u think i have abig chance with the toefl score of only87. should i apply with this score or take another toefl test to improve it.suggest me

hi dentokid,

do u think i have abig chance with the toefl score of only87. should i apply with this score or take another toefl test to improve it.suggest me
you shoud redo toefl
what about me i got 87 in part1 should i redo

Don't worry your part2, aditi. If the report you sent only included your part1, then don't mention your part2 unless they asked about it. If your report included both part1 and part2, then for the schools who need part1 only, I believe there will be not too much negative effect because it is better than "none". But for the schools who need both, there will be definately a disaster. You know, the national average for part2 is about 82 or 84.
I already sent my applications without mention part2. Let's see what happens.
good luck.

hi emma
my stats are 93/78
and i was wondering tht how can we cover up for our low part 2 score. i have already sent my applications with part 1 score
shud i report part2 or let it be
isnt is considered an advantage that we have atleast taken the exam n cleared it?
whereas other applicants have not even taken it..
pls do reply

Don't worry your part2, aditi. If the report you sent only included your part1, then don't mention your part2 unless they asked about it. If your report included both part1 and part2, then for the schools who need part1 only, I believe there will be not too much negative effect because it is better than "none". But for the schools who need both, there will be definately a disaster. You know, the national average for part2 is about 82 or 84.
I already sent my applications without mention part2. Let's see what happens.
good luck.

Hi Emma:

There is no way to hide part II result when the school asks for an official report to be send directly from ADA... Even if you order Part I only, they always include part II...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Emma:

There is no way to hide part II result when the school asks for an official report to be send directly from ADA... Even if you order Part I only, they always include part II...

Yes, elto. I know this rule. I ordered my part1 score BEFORE my part2 was available. So, the report only showed my part1 score. That's why I suggest people to request part1 score immediately if you feel you do not do well in your part2 test. Once part2 score is available, there is no chance to order part1 only.

Hi emma, congratulations on an outstanding part 1 score, what happened on part 2? where you not prepared enough?

Thanks. Yes, I did not have enough time to prepare for part2. Only reviewed the old exam for once.... I feel that part2 is much harder than part1. I think I have to retake it after the application is done. :(

Hi..
I dont know about redoing part 1 but what i was saying was ..
I talked to UCSF addmissions office and they are gonna consider the difference between old part 1 scores and new part 1 scores (2007 format)

Hi..
I dont know about redoing part 1 but what i was saying was ..
I talked to UCSF addmissions office and they are gonna consider the difference between old part 1 scores and new part 1 scores (2007 format)

thanks for the good news hope the other schools also consider it :D

thanks for the good news hope the other schools also consider it :D

It does not make any sense for the admission commission to consider differently old and new format part1 test scores
I have a friend of mine he got 88 from old format and he wanted to improve his score ,he got the part1 again couple months ago and his score is 92.he told me new format is more easier than old format
so i really do not know the point which is discussed here??????????????????

It does not make any sense for the admission commission to consider differently old and new format part1 test scores
I have a friend of mine he got 88 from old format and he wanted to improve his score ,he got the part1 again couple months ago and his score is 92.he told me new format is more easier than old format

thanks a lot

Wasnt there a thread on this forum saying that ADA issued a statement to all the schools regarding the new & old format and that scores r jus the same & there should not be any bias???

hii everyone
part1 87(new format)
toefl 270
gpa 3.0{ece}

i am happy with my scores,however,i donno where i stand can someone please advise me where to apply
thanks in advance

what the UCSF person told me is...
in old format the set of question was same...it kept on repeating...may be 2-3 sets.
so if u keep on giving exam in the same format u would definitely score better and u also have the old papers.
thats why they felt the need to change the format as well as set of questions.
its a fact that when u give part 1 again there are more chances to score better evenif the format is new. I also improved my score taking new format.

in old format the set of question was same...it kept on repeating...may be 2-3 sets.
so if u keep on giving exam in the same format u would definitely score better and u also have the old papers.
its a fact that when u give part 1 again there are more chances to score better evenif the format is new. I also improved my score taking new format.

:thumbup::love:

hi bppositive
i took the part1(OLD).There were not more than 10 repeating questions in it.(including released and unreleased examns)everybody knows that.And i talked to several people who took the new format they told me the same thing as I said.
According to my understanding,they are asking the same things.All released tests and decks are giving to us an idea which we are requred to know,or in other words,wanted from us to know.If somebody get 93 with 80 raw score from the new format and on the other hand if you need 75-80 raw score to get the same score from the old format,this means that old format was thougher than new format logically.I do not care about the scales ,slopes so on so fort.
I talked to somebody from ADA after these rumors poped up.Cause I really intended to take the new format in order to be an eligible candidate.The lady in ADA told me there should not be any different consideration needs to be taken by the admission comitees between two tests.
Well,as I said having a lower score is not supposed to be an excuse for those
who scattered this rumors.
I have seen a post stating somebody got 93 from new format anyways.
:love:

NB I score: 91 (New format), part II not given yet
ECE GPA: 3.76
TOEFL: 273
Work Ex in US/home country: 3 years as Asst prof being a MDS, 3yrs also as consultant at clinics in home country / DA for a month in US
Re/fresh applicant: Fresh
Schools Interested in: Columbia, U Penn, BU, NJ, Michigan, Texas

I am worried about my chances of getting interview calls?:scared:

Any idea about how the Interview and Bench tests at Columbia and other univs etc..? help me...

Why are you worried??

NB I score: 91 (New format), part II not given yet
ECE GPA: 3.76
TOEFL: 273
Work Ex in US/home country: 3 years as Asst prof being a MDS, 3yrs also as consultant at clinics in home country / DA for a month in US
Schools Interested in: Columbia, U Penn, BU, NJ, Michigan, Texas

I am worried about my chances of getting interview calls?:scared:

Any idea about how the Interview and Bench tests at Columbia and other univs etc..? help me...

hi bppositive
i took the part1(OLD).There were not more than 10 repeating questions in it.(including released and unreleased examns)everybody knows that.And i talked to several people who took the new format they told me the same thing as I said.
According to my understanding,they are asking the same things.All released tests and decks are giving to us an idea which we are requred to know,or in other words,wanted from us to know.If somebody get 93 with 80 raw score from the new format and on the other hand if you need 75-80 raw score to get the same score from the old format,this means that old format was thougher than new format logically.I do not care about the scales ,slopes so on so fort.
I talked to somebody from ADA after these rumors poped up.Cause I really intended to take the new format in order to be an eligible candidate.The lady in ADA told me there should not be any different consideration needs to be taken by the admission comitees between two tests.
Well,as I said having a lower score is not supposed to be an excuse for those
who scattered this rumors.
I have seen a post stating somebody got 93 from new format anyways.
:love:
many had 94 and a person had 98 also

i think its a wrong information because i went to ucsf yesterday to the international admission office and asked the same thing but the said we are going to treat both as same because books are same and the material we study is same. so y to differentiate it.

NB I score: 90 (New format), part II not yet taken
ECE GPA: 3.67
TOEFL: 280
Work Ex in US/home country: 3 months as associate dentist
MS in Oral biology

am new to this forum.
my stats- nbde part 1-86(new format)/ part2 not taken.
gpa 3.57
toefl 110
work exp- 3 yrs in india, none in us.
can anye suggest me wat are my chances? do i have to retake nbde?

Hi im jaineel
Im from India
How are you ?
PLease I need your guidance
How to get the transcripts for SSC HSC and Dental college ?
Please tell me , how did you get your transcripts before internship Is there a procedure or we have to wait till the Completion of BDS
Please tell me when did you apply for dental schools
In INdia if your internship is completing by september and if You want to give NBDE before that How do you do it ans by which date is the deadline for all the dental colleges
How did you prepare and apply for alll the dental colleges for fall
please Im very confused

My stats are -
Part 1 - 89% ( old format ) Part 2 - not yet taken.
ECE - 3.22
TOEFL - 96.
Experience - India - 1 & 1/2 yr. USA - 6 months volunteer observership.
Schools applied - UCLA, UCSF, UOP, U penn, U Michigan, U Minnesota, NYU.
Wat are my chances?

hello people
those who r applying to schools this year and those of u who hav taken part 1 in the new format please post ur scores..it will help u and also helpls others to know where they stand in terms of scores
so..please..please post ur scores
thank u

I took my part I july 7th and found it too long and tireing ..7 hours ..is crazy ..I had a horrible headache for hours after the test..My score is not what I was expecting because I studied for almost 7 months..here they are

comp score 87
anatomic science 76:(
biochemestry/physiology 77
microbiology/pathology 77
dental anathomy 78 :(

I hope I would never have to take an exam like this in my life again

hi
Is work experience in US a significant criteria?

hii kabir!congrats!dts an amazing score.i m jus starting to prepare for my nbde 1.can u tell me wat all to refer n where to get them?plz reply

hii!how do v go about for volunteer observership?i m in st.louis.

My stats are -
Part 1 - 89% ( old format ) Part 2 - not yet taken.
ECE - 3.22
TOEFL - 96.
Experience - India - 1 & 1/2 yr. USA - 6 months volunteer observership.
Schools applied - UCLA, UCSF, UOP, U penn, U Michigan, U Minnesota, NYU.
Wat are my chances?

hi you will definatelry get with such a nice score:)

NBDE part 1: 87
GPA: 3.81
TOEFL:111
Work Exp: 7months in home country and observership in US.

My chances in UPENN, BU and NYU?

NBDE part 1: 85 (new)
GPA: 3.31 (ECE)
TOEFL:107
Work Exp: 2.5 yrs back hm..None in US..
Fresh Applicant
I m worried bout the part 1 score..
Do I stand a chance or Shld I take part 1 all over again..
any guidance will be of g8 help...
Thanx...

NBDE part I- 89 ( new pattern)
part II- not yet taken
-ECE GPA- 3.12
-TOEFL- 250
-Nationality- Indian on F1 visa
-Work Ex in US- None
-home country- 6 months
-Re/fresh applicant- Fresh
-School applied- BU,NYU,Pacific,Michigan,Upenn,UTSCSA,Minnesota

nbde 1-86(new)\2-not yet
toefl-97
GPA 3.15
experience 4 years back home ,non in us
my scores are average or may be less
any suggestions

I'm new here, and I have never taken the NDBE, but I've already tbought the dental decks, what are other ways that I can prepare myself to pass this test?? do you know of any school that will only take part ! scores? Please help me!!!!!

Thank-you!!!!

Hi im jaineel
Im from India
How are you ?
PLease I need your guidance
How to get the transcripts for SSC HSC and Dental college ?
Please tell me , how did you get your transcripts before internship Is there a procedure or we have to wait till the Completion of BDS
Please tell me when did you apply for dental schools
In INdia if your internship is completing by september and if You want to give NBDE before that How do you do it ans by which date is the deadline for all the dental colleges
How did you prepare and apply for alll the dental colleges for fall
please Im very confused

Hi, U dont need ssc and hsc transcripts. But u can get dental school transcripts from your university, request the registrar for the trancripts after you pass 4th year and u will get them in a sealed envolope. U may need more than one set as u may be applying to more than one school. U can write part -1 after u pass 1st and 2nd year of dental school. Part-2 after completing 4th year. Dead lines for schools are not the same. If I am not mistaken they range from aug-jan. U need to go to their websites to get the exact details. There are numerous links in this forum abt what topics and books to read for the boards. Hope this helps. GL