Application timing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MMADoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a question concerning the timing of my application. I just took the MCATs, got a 31M (11, 11, 9), felt like I underperformed and signed up to retake the exam July 6th. While a 31M coupled with a GPA of 3.8ish is competitive for some of the schools I plan to apply to (about 8 schools overall), I need a better score for the more competitive programs I have my eye on. My ECs and LORs are solid but not spectacular, I have interesting life experiences and I feel like I interview pretty well.

Current plan:
I am expecting my AMCAs application to be complete by middle of June and I was going to apply to those programs where my stats are competitive and then if I score high enough a second time, add more competitive programs and be complete for those programs in early August.

Question:
If I follow my current plan, will the schools that I designate to send my application to in June look at/accept my application with the MCAT score provided or will they wait for the July 6th MCAT score before even looking at my application? Is this something I need to contact each school with or is there an applicable rule of thumb?

What would happen if I put down that these medical schools should not expect the additional July 6th MCAT scores on my application?

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.