Apply in June w/ DAT score not until Aug?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SayitIsntSO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be better to take the DAT before applying in June? I want to take the DAT after kaplan ends in late july. I won't be able to join a new kaplan class until June (ends in July). I prefer to take the kaplan class before the DAT just b/c it will help me focus my studying. I can study on my own and take the DAT before I submit my AADSAS in June, but I am sure the score will be marginal w/out taking the kaplan course. So my underlining question is: Would it be ok to submit my AADSAS in June w/ the intention of taking my DAT in Aug. for the Fall 2007 cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my AADSAS in June, but didn't take my DAT until the first part of August. I got in. I definately would submit your AADSAS as early as possible. You want to get the best possible score you can on your DAT, so don't take it before you are ready. Hope this helps.

i submitted my aadsas late july and took the dat late aug with no problems. there is about a 4-6 week lag time for your aadsas to reach schools. i would just recommend taking your dat during this window. submit your app as soon as you can because you have no idea how long aadsas will take to process it. then take the dat and as long as those scores arrive in august, you're set.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry about it. FIRST step -- have ur AADSAS app READY b/4 all else, you can submit it B/4 you take ur DAT. =)

Then it takes about 1 month or so for them to verify, and another few weeks to SEND to your other schools. ... so basically you have ABOUT MORE THAN 1 month to get YOur DAT in and so.

I submitted AADSAS in early July, took my DAT in early August (1 month span)...and then it takes 2 weeks for scores to send to the schools...and APPARENTLY...the time just works out perfectly right. ;)

GOOD LUCK TO YOU. =)

Like stated previously, you'll be fine. I submitted my AADSAS in July, and took the DAT Sept 15. Most schools will accept a fax of you official scores (which you get that day). So it shouldn't be a problem. I interviewed and was accepted to all my schools by Dec. 1
Good luck :luck:

question: what if your stats are lacking and you need a good DAT score to boost your application? Would it be better then to submit both at the same time?

I'm planning on taking the DAT mid-June, after a month of concentrating solely on the DAT. Can I submit AADSAS then?

Arsenalista said:
question: what if your stats are lacking and you need a good DAT score to boost your application? Would it be better then to submit both at the same time?

I'm planning on taking the DAT mid-June, after a month of concentrating solely on the DAT. Can I submit AADSAS then?
Personally, I would get AADSAS in as early as you can. It just looks better to the schools. Obviously they won't consider you a viable canditate until you have taken the DAT, but they will at least have your paperwork on the desk. AADSAS has been known to take a long time, so in your case, if you submit your AADSAS early and then take the DAT, the paperwork may get to the schools at the same time.

Sorry for the rambling sentence structure.