Apply to Texas Schools OOS with low MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildestdreams25

Reaction score
Should I apply to Texas schools with a low MCAT score and a high GPA? I finished high school in Texas as a Texas resident, but I am now a California resident. Overall my app looks great, just a lower MCAT score.

Members don't see this ad.

Should I apply to Texas schools with a low MCAT score and a high GPA? I finished high school in Texas as a Texas resident, but I am now a California resident. Overall my app looks great, just a lower MCAT score.
Do you have a personal quality or experience that is both valued and uncommon in TX?

You're posting a lot of questions asking about applying with your low MCAT score. Everyone here will tell you the same thing. With a score as low as yours, you will be lucky to be admitted to any MD program, no matter the state. Why don't you just retake your MCAT and wait a cycle? Your ECs will never expire, but your MCAT does, so you're in a better position than most people that delay their cycles.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're posting a lot of questions asking about applying with your low MCAT score. Everyone here will tell you the same thing. With a score as low as yours, you will be lucky to be admitted to any MD program, no matter the state. Why don't you just retake your MCAT and wait a cycle? Your ECs will never expire, but your MCAT does, so you're in a better position than most people that delay their cycles.
They got a 503 on a second retake, stemming from a 499 on their first take.

I agree though, this OP will have a better chance at DO schools than MD schools, especially with the increased competitiveness, etc.

Your ECs will never expire, but your MCAT does, so you're in a better position than most people that delay their cycles.
Sadly, only the utility of an MCAT expires, the score remains visible forever and cannot be "unseen."

Status
Not open for further replies.