Applying DO: MCAT 25 GPA 3.8

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrypticMind

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just needed some input from SDNers. According to AACOMAS my Overall GPA is 3.75 and Science GPA is 3.6. For MCAT, I got a 25. I have great extracurricular activities filled with leadership, volunteering, and shadowing. I also have great letters of recommendation.
MCAT breakdown: 25 (8P, 8V, 9B)

I submitted my primary application for both MD and DO schools. DO application is still being verified and MD application already verified.

My question is, which schools do I have a considerable chance at? I don't want to apply to those schools I know won't look at me with a 25 MCAT.

So far I applied to:

MD:
Rush
University of Hawaii
University of Maryland
Florida State University
Georgetown
Rosalind Franklin
UIC
Loyola
SIU
WVU
UMN
Indiana University
MCW
SLU

DO:
Marian
NOVA
CCOM
LECOM-PA
LECOM-Bradenton
MSUCOM
Ohio University
VCOM
Liberty University
ATSU-KCOM
West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
Kansas City University

I want to go to a DO school. I applied to MD because I received the fee waiver. Any advice is appreciated. I can add more schools or not do secondary applications to the ones I applied to.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Should I bother doing secondaries for the MD schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any advice guys? I'm so hesitant to do any of the secondary applications for the MD programs. I was thinking of withdrawing from all the MD programs except UIC, Indiana University, MCW, and West Virginia.

0 chance at MD. You should get into DO. If you don't have strong ties to Hawaii then you have 0 chance at Hawaii if you had a 4.0 and a 40.

you should be fine for DO but its getting late in the cyccle, so dont waste any time!

How did you end up doing? I have very similar stats and I'm applying DO this year.